General Fiction posted November 5, 2022 Chapters:  ...29 30 -31- 32... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
flash fiction

A chapter in the book Random Rhyme and Petty Prose

Robot Saves the Day

by Bill Schott


 
 
Felister Monbal made a few final adjustments to Robot. His orders were to prepare it for transportation to Earth.

"FM, the excelavator is ready for slipping," said his assistant, Morgram Weem.

"Robot is ready as well, MW. Send it."

Collecting robot, Morgram wheeled it over to the transportation device.

"Good luck, Robot," said Morgram.

Robot, which had a humanoid form, moved its head slightly in Morgram's direction. Its arm raised and a speaker appeared in its palm.

"Luck is a chaos element which does not affect robot performance. All that I will do is programed and prepared to exceed all possible scenarios."

"You are what Earth needs, Robot. Your arrival will allow us to reset and proceed."

Morgram waved his hand over the initiator.

Robot vanished. At the same time, on Earth, it arrived -- and detonated.

 
 







 




Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.