General Poetry posted April 3, 2021 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Cube16 Poem

A chapter in the book NaPoWriMo 2021

3. Play

by Debra White



Let's play a game
of Hide and Seek.
I'll count - I swear
that I won't peek!

Go hide real well,
stay very still,
try not to breathe;
You know the drill!

And when I call
out 'Here I come!'
Perhaps you'll freeze,
perhaps you'll run

right back to base
before I spot
your hiding place.
'Ready or not!'


 



Recognized


I have always loved this game!

Hide-and-seek is an old and popular children's game in which one player closes his or her eyes for a brief period (often counting to 100) while the other players hide. The seeker then opens his eyes and tries to find the hiders; the first one found is the next seeker, and the last is the winner of the round. (britannica.com)

I have always played the following variation of the game - When the seeker shouts out 'Ready or not' and begins to search, the hiders have the option to run back to base before the seeker spots them. If they are successful, they get to hide again in the next round.

A Cube16 Poem (Created by Robert Zimmerman, a FanStory member)
Consists of 4 stanzas (64 syllables/4 syllables per line).
Cubes can be stacked to write longer works.
Each line has 4 syllables. Each stanza has four lines. Each CUBE has 4 stanzas.
Each stanza rhymes (abcb) and is in iambic meter.

Image courtesy of dreamstime.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.