General Non-Fiction posted September 27, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Piece of pie pending, perhaps?

The Great Pumpkin Caper

by Elizabeth Emerald


Last Thursday, whilst visiting my friend Scott, I made a disturbing discovery.

There had been an attempt to abduct his pumpkin, as evidenced by its embracement by the splayed tines of a broken rake.

Prime suspect was Sarah, a strange woman, who has been brazenly depleting Scott's tomato crop for weeks.

Sarah has been openly ogling Scott's pumpkin, inquiring as to when it would be "ready." 

I was unsurprised this afternoon to note that the pumpkin had been kidnapped. Scott bitterly remarked that the crime was clearly premeditated; the pumpkin had been sawn from the vine. 

We wonder whether, come Thanksgiving, Sarah will have the gall to offer Scott a slice of home-baked pumpkin pie.




 



Recognized

#24
September
2021


Meet Jack, if you dare by MoonWillow on FanArtReview THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.