General Poetry posted May 17, 2021 Chapters: 5 7 -8- 9... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Katauta 5/7/7

A chapter in the book One Thousand Cranes

Scattered White Blossoms

by Gypsy Blue Rose

scattered white blossoms

where car and bike collided —

flower basket by her side




Recognized


This poem is fictional but on Saturday I was in a car accident. Made me think about the fragility of life.

KATAUTA is a Japanese poem that follows a 5/7/7 syllable count and form. more information about Sedoka and Katauta

In 1912, the people of Japan sent more than 3,000 cherry trees to the United States as a gift of friendship. They were planted in Washington, DC.

The significance of the cherry tree in Japanese culture goes back hundreds of years. The blossom represents the fragility and the beauty of life. Though pages of haiku can be read in a few moments, a quick read doesn�??�?�¢??t do these little gems justice. A haiku is kind of like having a tiny diamond in your hand as opposed to, say, a huge chunk of quartz. Examine�??�?�¢?�??�?�¦see what meaning you can find.

Thank you very much for reading and reviewing my poem.

Gypsy
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.