General Poetry posted July 4, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Not a poem

Use for meditation

by pierre poote'

Pool of Peace
 
Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace… where water endlessly flows from the pool of peace through channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me.… waterfall tumbling over mossy stones toward the tranquil pool… green grass… red, yellow, white and blue flowers … cool breeze… swaying trees … rustling autumn leaves…  clouds of eiderdown… sky-blue heaven… golden yellow sun… white birds flying… take me all and start anew… I offer myself to Thee to build with me and do with me as Thy wilt…

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace, that where there is hatred I may bring love…that where there is hostility, animosity, resentment, bitterness, anger, intolerance and rage, may I bring love… grant me humiliity in Your Way of Life... may I treat others the way I would like to be treated.. may I do unto others as I would have them do unto me… and may the hatred fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace, that where there is wrong I may bring a spirit of forgiveness… may I bring a spirit of forgiveness and love where someone has wronged me or I think someone has wronged me… may I make amends to those I have wronged, regardless of their positive or negative reactions… and may the wrongs fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace, that where there is discord, I may bring harmony…that where there is dissention, strife, disagreements, friction, disunity, turmoil and conflict, I may bring harmony and tranquility with patience, tolerance, kindness, love and a spirit of forgiveness… may I pause when agitated, restless, irrritable, discontent or emotionally distraught... may I intuatively know how to handle situations... may I not say or write angry, hurtful or disrespectful words... may I be aware of my positive or negative body language... and may the discord fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace, that where there is error, I may bring truth…that where there are misunderstandings, mistakes, wrongdoings and falsehoods, I may bring truth… may I be true to myself and not be blind to the truth…  where I have intentionally or unintentionally misled others or may have misled others, may I bring truth to the circumstances and where I am wrong promptly admit it… and where others have misled me or I think they have misled me, may I bring truth to the circumstances and see things clearly… and may the errors fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace, that where there is doubt, I may bring faith... that where there is fear, skepticism, hesitation, lack of trust and uncertainty, I may bring faith through Your Power  and Your Love… may I seek through prayer and meditation to know Your will for me... and may the doubt fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace, that where there is despair I may bring hope… that where there are tears, hurt, hopelessness, helplessness, heartbreak, loneliness and grief, I may bring hope to others through Your Power and Your Love… may my life be such that others can see the hope in me from living in Your Way of Life beside the pool of peace… take from me my short comings, difficulties and character defects… and may the despair fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace, that where there are shadows, I may bring light… where there are harmful things to me that I am aware of that I have not surrendered to You, may I bring light to these things, see the truth and turn these things over to You…where there are harmful memories that I am not aware of that are causing me to be irritable, restless and discontent… may I bring light to these memories and surrender them to You… may I be accurate, fearless and thorough when searching the shadows of my moral inventory ...  and may those things that hide in the shadows fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace, that where there is sadness, I may bring joy… where there is sorrow, regret, tragedy and pain, I may bring joy… may I strive to live in Your will each day residing by the pool of peace so that others will see the joy that comes from living in Your Way of Life… may I bear witness to those I would help through Your Power, Your Love and Your Way of Life… and may the sadness fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted… that I may be helpful… to listen, console and encourage… to be of service with compassion and gentleness... take away my selfish ways… relieve from the bondage of self… and may the selfishness fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to understand than to be understood… may I voice my opinion, my thoughts or suggestions once to a listening ear and not beleaguer another in an attempt to persuade, control or manipulate circumstances… may I listen carefully and try to understand the other persons point of view even when I know they are wrong or I think they may be wrong… may I have empathy with compassion for another’s point of view… relieve me from the bondage of self… and may the selfishness fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to love than to be loved… may I be generous with my time, talents, kindness, compassion, joy and prayers… may I be ethical when dealing with others…may I be fair, treating all things and people honestly… may I be kind, to speak kindly with a smile… and act in peace… may I treat others the way I would like others to treat me… and may the selfishness fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

For it is by self-forgetting that one finds… may I always do Your will rather than my will and reside beside the pool of peace… may I seek to be of service to others and carry the message of Your Way of Life… and may self-will fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

For it is by forgiving that one is forgiven… may I forgive others regardless of their reactions toward me… remove my selfish pride… may I cease to fight anyone or anything...grant me humility, may I carry a spirit of forgiveness with me always… may there be harmony and peace surrounding me so that I might bear witness to those I would help through Your Power, Your Love and Your Way of Life… and may my pride fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

For it is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life… may I live by the pool of peace in Your Will and Your Way of Life leaving my old life behind… may I be of service to others in harmony and peace… may I bring hope and joy to others… may I be a channel of thy peace… and may my old self fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change… may I not fret, worry or obsess about things that I cannot change… may I live at peace in placidity... may I live and let live… grant me peace knowing that things are the way they are supposed to be… I am where I am supposed to be… and may the fret and worry fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace...

God, grant me the courage to change the things I can… may I have the fortitude, resolve and determination to change the things I can and should change… and may fear fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace

God , grant me wisdom to know the difference … help me know the difference between the things I can and should change from the things I can but should not change… clear my mind as I seek clarity through prayer and meditation... may I improve my conscious contact with You...may I not be perplexed and bewildered… may I intuitive know how to handle situations, decisions and circumstances… and may bewilderment and obscureness fall with the waterfall into the pool of peace… dissolve and disappear… as the pool overflows through the channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me… it is peaceful… I am at peace…

Lord, help me to live one day at a time…  enjoy one moment at a time… taking this world as it is and not as I would have it… trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will… so that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You… forever and ever in the next...


Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace… where water endlessly flows from the pool of peace through channels and tributaries into the peaceful environment surrounding me.… waterfall tumbling over mossy stones toward the tranquil pool… green grass… red, yellow, white and blue flowers … warm breeze… swaying trees … rustling autumn leaves…  clouds of eiderdown… sky-blue heaven… golden yellow sun… white birds flying… it is peaceful... very peaceful... I am at peace... May I reside by the pool of peace always...

Amen
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 




In each paragraph, find the words you would like to use and discard the others.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pierre poote' All rights reserved.
pierre poote' has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.