General Poetry posted March 1, 2016 Chapters:  ...235 236 -237- 238... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A 12 Line Exhortation.

A chapter in the book Picture Poems

Go Ride!

by Treischel

Go ride!
Enjoy a trip down city street,
or better yet, to roll and greet
from carriage pulled by steel shod feet.
A regal ride,
so get outside,
aboard a surrey painted white,
with wheels that whirl to expedite
a tour of city sights. Just right
to set the tone
on cobbled stone.
Go ride!





I was out on a walk in downtown Minneapolis, where I spotted this horse-drawn carriage. Normally, in the summer, the driver is dressed in elaborate, colorful livery. But that day, it was about 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and a bit breezy. So the drab coat and cap were called for. Still, the passengers looked like they were enjoying the ride. I just had to capture a picture.

This poem is a 12 Line Exhortaton.
A 12 Line Exhortation is a format that I created in June 2013. I researched poetry types with 12 Lines to see what they are called. I found a group of poems called 12 Lines. But they are basically unstructured. I wanted some specific structure. I wanted a poem with 3 consecutive lines of rhyme, that played off 8/4/2 syllable counts and was positive in spirit.So I created this format and call it - 12 Line Exhortation. I don't think this format previously exists, as far as I know. Let me know if otherwise. Here are the rules.
A 12 Line Exhortation is a poem with 12 lines, starting and ending with a 2 syllable line that carries an exhortation, like; Get up!, Move on! Go jump! The whole syllable structure is; 2/8/8/8/4/4/8/8/8/4/4/2.
There is also a fixed rhyme scheme of: AbbbaacccddA, where the capital leters are repeated lines.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on February 20, 2016.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.