Romance Fiction posted July 23, 2015 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A 200 to 300 word synopsis

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

Synopsis

by barbara.wilkey


Savannah Love begins in 1863 during the Civil War and ends with PAIGE SWANSON agreeing to marry CASH WILKINS in 2015.

On September 20, 1863, Confederate soldier Corporal BRADLEY BOOKMAN is killed during a Battle of Chickamauga. At the exact moment of Corporal Bookman's death, his wife, Alice, delivers their first and only child, James Bradley Bookman. The Corporal's ghost remains by her side throughout the entire delivery.

After the first chapter, the novel moves to the present as Paige, an heiress from Boston, inherits the Bookman's antebellum mansion from her aunt. She immediately meets Cash Wilkins, who had been hired by her aunt, to restore the mansion to Gothic Revival authenticity.

Nala, the African American maid, and Cash introduce Paige to Billy Joe and his wife, Mary Pat. They all become immediate friends. Cash attempts to assimilate Paige to Southern living. One occasion he takes her fishing, and instead of catching fish Paige finds and adopts a stray puppy, Morgan.

The mansion is burglarized numerous times and it becomes clear somebody wants the rumored hidden treasure and Paige evicted from the house. Paige's four new friends fear for, not only her safety, but Nala's. It surprises Paige to discover sixty years after the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement her friendship with Nala causes her hardship.

Internally Cash fights two battles with himself. First, he fights falling in love with Paige; after all she's a rich heiress from Boston. Secondly, he doesn't believe ghosts exist. Now he must come to the realization that Bradley's a real ghost.

Bradley's ghost befriends Paige and Morgan as he guides them and her friends to discover the secrets hiding within the mansion's walls. Eventually, he reveals the hidden treasure and gives Cash the engagement ring, his beloved Alice wore. Cash presents this ring to Paige as she accepts his proposal.




Recognized


Thank you google images for a photo of the US flag and the Confederate flag flying together. I am NOT trying to make a political statement, but this novel addresses both views. I am trying to get Savannah Love published and need help!!!!!!!!! So I am calling on my FS friends and family. Please edit this for me. If you think I have left out any important part please let me know. Also please share your favorite part of the novel. I need a strong dialogue from the novel.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.