General Poetry posted January 11, 2015 Chapters:  ...197 199 -200- 202... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Free Style

A chapter in the book Picture Poems

Fly Eagle Fly

by Treischel



Fly Eagle, Fly!

Freedom touches every
feather,

soaring,

as they work together.

Eyes
that scan the fertile earth,
seeking nest
for nighttime berth,

find their spot.

Always,
stay forever free!

Make the sky your destiny,
that we may watch your
Majesty.

Fly Eagle, Fly!





I love to watch birds in flight. I spotted this one flying above the St. Croix River Bluffs between Hastings, Minnesota and Prescott, Wisconsin. This one is a juvenile Bald Eagle that has not yet got its white head and tailfeathers.

This is a Free Style poem.
A Free Style Poem is a subset of Free Verse. It has no rhyme scheme, tempo, or meter pattern. It just flows with the words. The author adds dimension in how the poem is felt, through the use of pace and pause, created in how the words are arranged on the page. The distinction between Free Style and Free Verse is that Free Style contains some rhyme while Free Verse does not. It rhymes in places as the author wants, but not necessarily consistently.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on October 27, 2014.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.