Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted January 2, 2015 Chapters:  ...189 191 -194- 195... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Modified Octogram

A chapter in the book Picture Poems

Reflections of Love

by Treischel



Reflections -- looking back in time,
I see the light,
and ponder any reason's rhyme
that clearly might
contribute to the present day.
The precedents come into play
That set the tone along the way.
I see the light!

History shows the culture climb,
both wrong and right --
the nasty notes and sweet sublime
that comes despite
the actions of a chosen few.
Enlightenment keeps coming through
To lead the way, when love is true.
I see the light!








Recognized


This ball is on a chime clock that you may have seen on some of my other poems. it is reflecting images from my living room. Since it's a clock part reflecting images, I thought it is a perfect picture for this poem. In this poem, I intend the love both individually as well as for the world in general.

Reason's rhyme - have you ever heard the phrase "it followed not rhyme or reason"?

This poem is an Octogram.
The Octogram is a style of poetry invented by Fanstorian Sally Yocom (S.Yocom). It consists of two stanzas of eight lines each, with a very specific syllable count and rhyme scheme.

Syllable count is: 84848884, repeat on second stanza.

Rhyme scheme: aBabccbB ababddbB,
where B repeats same text.
However, for this poem I modified the format slightly because I used 3 rhymes on the 3 consecutive 8 line section of the stanza. So the rhyme scheme becomes: aBabcccB ababdddB.

No more than 16 lines.

This picture was taken by the author in his living room on October 31, 2014. the clock is on a table with some flowers by the bay window. I think you can see some of both.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.