Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted November 18, 2014 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Some things to think about

A chapter in the book Carolyn's Corner

The simplicity of Life

by Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens

Is life really so complicated?

I have a genuine feeling that when God breathed the breath of life into us, He intended for us all to live a rather simple existence. However, He, in His wisdom, didn't plan for us to be simple minded. Just simple people. Without pretense, enjoying the blessings offered to us by nature, love of family, enough food and drink to sustain us, a good place to live, and a deep appreciation for what He did for us. He wanted and still desires our obedience, worship and adoration of Him. Does that make Him an egotistical Spirit? God is everything and everywhere. He isn't self centered, He is the center. He doesn't have to build himself up. He is the ultimate being. He isn't selfish, He is worthy. And yet, in all of that, He allows us to make our own decisions in everything we do.

I know of someone who just came out of a lengthy coma. There is no blame in her attitude, only gratitude. There is no ego in the fact that her strength and determination to not give up, was present, even when her very being was not. She drifted for days, for weeks in an abyss of not knowing. Or did she? I have never been there. Have you?

What would we want when we returned to an environment where we are known, and given another chance to embrace life and to heal. I know that this person seeks and lives for simplicity of life.

What an unselfish and motivating force in the life of others she is. Give me music, give me a little food, the closeness of children and loved ones around me, and simplicity. Just give me the energy Lord, to enjoy the simple things of life. The waters of a quiet lake, the vibrancy of an evening sunset, the glory of a morning sunrise. Mist and fog, sounds of nature, laughter, give me simplicity.

May we all take a moment, and truly count our blessings, and determine today, to live a less complicated life. Value simple living. It is our legacy, our God given right. Go for it, you'll be glad you did.




Recognized


I am quite sure that many of you on FS will recognize the inspiration for this 'simple' post. :-) Carolyn
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.