Horror and Thriller Fiction posted August 13, 2014 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I hated that infernal beast!

A chapter in the book Tiny Terrors

The Cat's Meow

by Dean Kuch

HOrror Contest Winner 














~The Cat's Meow~


 

My wife adores the beast who roams our humble home. She's named him... Fabio. This cat gets more affection than I do. He's always mean-spirited, nasty, and easily agitated with everyone.

Everyone but my wife.

The day began mundanely, as most of my days do. I awoke to the intoxicating smells of a scrumptious breakfast consisting of bacon and eggs. However, there was one problem. The breakfast wasn't meant for me. When I saw Monica feeding this feline fiend my bacon and farm fresh eggs, I lost it.

Okay, maybe I overreacted by tossing the damned cat out of the kitchen window, but I was upset.

Wouldn't you be?

He left a couple of nice, deep bloody gouges in my forearm for my troubles.

I'd get even, once and for all.


After she left for the office, I prepared my wife a wonderful meal. Accompanying my beautifully garnished meat dish was a sweet red wine. You see, earlier, I'd caught Fabio and twisted his mangy neck.

His eyes bulged from their sockets when I squeezed the life out of him.

Monica loved it, exclaiming the meal was the cat's meow.

If only she'd known...

 

The cat's meow photo pairing-red-wine-and-food_zps632cf0a0.jpg



Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.


HOrror
Contest Winner

Recognized


*199 words, by the FanStory editors count.

The ultimate horror for anyone who dearly loves their beloved pets, no matter how mean and nasty they might be...

Thanks so much for reading~
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.