Romance Fiction posted June 8, 2014 Chapters:  ...96 97 -98- 99... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
THE END!!!!!!! (FINALLY!!!)

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER TWENTYONE; PART TWO

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

"You sure you're all right?" Billy Joe stood by his buddy. "You look a little green behind the gills." He poked his friend's arm.

"I'm fine. Just tired."

You're afraid of a sweet little Yankee girl. Bradley chuckled.

"I'm not afraid of anybody." Cash's eyes glared.

"I never accused you of being afraid. You need to get a good night's sleep."

Cash released a deep breath and stomped up the stairs. A gray smoky mist followed him.


TODAY'S POST:

"I think Paige wants to be alone." Billy Joe put his hand on Cash's shoulder. "Bothering her ain't a good idea."

"I dink we'd better leave dem two alone." Amos winked at Billy Joe. "We be back early in da evening." Amos led everybody out the front door. Billy Joe followed.

Cash paused and watched the group leave. At least I don't have to worry about them. He continued up the stairs. Inside the bedroom, Cash sat on the edge of the bed and stared at the bathroom door. It's quiet in there. I guess she's in the tub.

Get in there or I'll shove you myself.

"Has anybody ever told you that you're a pain in the butt?" Cash stood, crept to the door, and placed his hand on the knob. "You can leave now. I'll handle this." As Cash turned the knob, he was shoved inside. Off-balance when the door shut, he caught himself on the edge of the tub. As Bradley chuckled, Cash turned toward him. You're an ornery old fart. You made your point. Leave now!

Paige's eyes widened. "Cash! What's going on?" She adjusted the mountain of bubbles so they covered her.

"Nothing. I need to ask you something."

"It couldn't wait?"

"No." Cash knelt beside the tub. "Paige, I love you. Will you marry me?" He removed an opal and diamond ring from his pocket. "This is the ring Bradley gave Alice."

"It's gorgeous. How did you get it?" Paige smiled as her eyes met Cash's. She reached up and kissed him.

The bubbles shifted, momentarily catching Cash's attention. He cleared his throat and placed the ring on Paige's finger. "You haven't said yes, yet but...."

"Yes!" Paige giggled, pulled him nearer, and planted a strong kiss on his lips, soaking his shirt in the process. Cash returned the kiss with even more ardor. His action pulled Paige half out of the tub. When their lips separated, she asked, "What brought this on?"

"Remember when we were all in the tunnel, I heard something, and left for a few minutes?" After Paige nodded, Cash continued, "Bradley gave it to me."

"You believe in Bradley?"

"I don't have a choice." Cash stood and lifted Paige from the water. "It seems he approves of us getting married and he wants this to be your engagement ring." Cash kissed her, and then set her on the floor. His hands dropped to her wet rear-end and pulled her closer as they continued their kisses.

When the kissing ended, Paige eyed his soaked clothing and began unbuttoning his shirt. "Want to join me in the bubble bath? I'll wash your back if you'll wash mine."

They ignored Morgan whimpering and scratching at the door.


THE END



Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of a Victorian era opal and diamond ring. I will be editing this during the summer and I hope to have it published this fall. Thank you for sticking by me. I have another novel in the works. I hope you'll stick around for it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.