General Fiction posted May 16, 2014 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A contest entry

A chapter in the book Carolyn's Corner

Believe it or not

by Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens


'I believe everything happens for a reason,' and , 'nothing last forever.' I have heard those two statements all my life. Sometimes I feel each is somewhat of a ridiculous quip. Other times, I am in tune with the philosophy of it.

For instance, I believe there is a good reason it rains, other than the fact that God created it. It rains to nourish the earth, to assist with growth of food necessary to feed this huge population. Some folks think it rains just to thwart their planned outing. Others think it rains on their parade. Others think, 'oh of course it will rain, I washed my car today.' In the Bible it states 'the rain falls on the just and the unjust.' There is a beautiful song that has in it's lyrics, 'I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.'

I believe that all mankind benefits from rain.

If everything happens for a reason, consider some of the horrific things that happen in this life. Abduction of little children, the killing of our unborn babies, what could possibly be reasonable about any of that? Searching the heart, the only thing I can come up with, is that either of those two instances would make most parents of other children, hold their own a bit closer, hug them tighter, watch over them more lovingly, and thank God more frequently, for their very lives. For the parent of the abducted child, no good reason will ever be found.

The saying, 'I believe everything happens for a reason,' doesn't necessarily imply, for a good reason.

What does it take to bring you to your knees. Some terrible tragedy? Some loss of loved one? A loved one being stricken with an incurable disease? What does it take for you to question, everything happens for a reason?

And as far as nothing lasting forever. Unlike the old house that appears to be falling down, and at some point it will disintegrate and disappear, our souls are eternal. Material things will pass away, God's love will not. We will cease to exist on this earth, but we will exist. Where, will depend on each of us individually. I believe that God is forever and without end.

I believe, that as we pass through life, we ought to live it to the fullest. Each day have the, 'attitude of gratitude,' for all things great and small. Look for the good, be thankful in all things. Make a difference in your neighborhoods and community. Believe that your life can happen, for a reason.

You may not be eloquent, but speak out, and speak up, for what is right. Speak out and live in an exemplary manner, that will cause folks to see, that you are worth listening too, worth hearing and worth following. Let those around you see, that the reason for your life is to follow a purpose higher than yourself. That you have values worth fighting for. That you will leave this earth far better than you found it. You are a created being, one of His finest. Pray and pledge each day, to be the best you can be. To family, to friends and to yourself. Don't forget for a moment, what the whole duty of man is, 'to fear God and keep his commandments.'

I believe, 'we happened, for a reason.'

And

I believe, 'we will last forever.'




I Believe writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay that begins with the sentence: I believe _______ (finish the sentence). Maximum word count: 1,000.

Recognized


576 words

Matthew 5:45
Ecclesiastes 12:3
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens All rights reserved.
Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.