Biographical Poetry posted April 25, 2014 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Prose Poem

A chapter in the book National Poetry Month

Taking a Break

by dejohnsrld (Debbie)

Taking a Break
 
Sometimes it is true, that we are just feeling down and blue. Over-commitment is a good place to start. Forgiving oneself and taking a break, can often feel like a great mistake. When in all actuality, sometimes all we plan cannot be done factually. Fear of letting others down can result in us working until we drown.
Circumstances, not always expected can lead us to seek out being sheltered. Running from the stress we feel, can often allow us the needed time to heal.
Things will happen, disappointing perhaps, but the sky doesn’t fall and in the morning a new sunrise will light us all.
Sometimes to fight insanity, we have to believe in our humanity. With age comes increased acceptance, that life will not be all love and romance. Sometimes, the little things will have to do, to pull us out of blue.
Over the last week, some solace I had to seek. So now behind, I will seek to find a balance, a tolerance, a direction, and an acceptance of my imperfection.



Recognized


My artwork taken indoors at the botanical gardens today
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dejohnsrld (Debbie) All rights reserved.
dejohnsrld (Debbie) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.