General Fiction posted April 19, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A child writer.

Lucy's first story

by Jackarrie


Nana, what are you doing on your laptop? I will be finished in a minute Lucy, and then we can have lunch.  Are you on Fanstory again? Yes honey, just a few seconds and I'm done. "I wish I was a writer like you nana, will you teach me to write"? Well Lucy if you really want to write a story, think about something that is happening in your life right now. "Well, I go to school and when I come home I play with my cats, but they fight all the time because Max hates blu." (The new kitten) Well that will make a lovely story Lucy, pretend that you are Max and that he is talking about the new addition to the family, and how he hates it. That is a great idea nana; can I use your laptop?

Lucy is one of twins, but they are so different, she wants to do pretty much everything. She loves to paint, and she takes sewing lessons from her other nana. She also goes to riding lessons. Her favorite is reading she really does love it. Anna the other twin sister, only loves her ballet, and princess dresses, and watching her programs on the TV. I usually mind the twins for my daughter Kerrie, she works part time as a practice nurse.

Lucy was busy with my laptop while I was preparing the lunch. They have different tastes in food, but they both love spaghetti bolognaise, so I had it prepared earlier. While I was cooking the spaghetti, Lucy's voice calls out from the dining room. "Nana how do you spell peaceful  I shout out the letters, and after a few minutes, nana how do you spell, allowed?  I went into her and I showed her how to use the spell checker.

At lunch Lucy could not stop talking about her story. She asked if she could continue to use my laptop until it was finished. She saved it and asked me to send to her Mammy's computer. It always amazes me how competent young kids are today with the modern technology.

Since she wrote this story, she has not stopped asking me for tips on what she can write about. I do believe she will be a very good writer when she is older, especially if she remains as enthusiastic as she is now at the age of seven.


Lucy's story.
Hello my name is Maxine, but my family and friends call me Max.
I live in a big house with my nice family,
I chase birds that come into my garden. I had a peaceful life with my family, until a kitten called Blu came into my territory.
And I am very sad and VERY mad because he always sleeps in my basket.
And I don't think that it is fair. And there is a cat called Billy next door. We chase mice to enjoy ourselves, and sometimes I give one to Lucy as a present. Oh Billy has one blue eye and one green one. I am allowed to sleep on Lucy's bed since that kitten blue came into the house. Lucy loves me she says I am her cat.

THE END


 



Writing writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay with the topic of "writing". Can be instructional or a character in the story can be a writer. Creative approaches welcomed.


Lucy typed her story herself, It is untouched.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jackarrie All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Jackarrie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.