Self Improvement Non-Fiction posted April 18, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Quick view of my life

The Winding Road of Life

by Yvon

Four girls prior to... Splat, a boy!

I started to crawl. I walked and then ran. Played with toys, girls and boys. Went to school, a place I did dread. Participated in sports, grew up and labored at unfulfilling jobs.

Smoked pot, did LSD, mushrooms and coke. Got drunk a lot and partied around- was lost in my head.

Sought out the true meaning of life and journeyed into deeper darkness than drugs- was lost to the world.

Looked to Eastern religions, to calm my distorted soul. I was a long way from reality. Experimented with spirituality that I'd stay clear of today. Then I was blessed and guided by a Divine Teacher, she taught me a new way of life.

For years the struggle was just to clear out my destructive past. Meditation pulled the hell from my soul. Today the recovery is still a living process.

Amen!






Your Life in 150 words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words...


It is kind of hard to put such a varied life into this small box of words, but, hey, I tried.
The Divine Teacher I was blessed by is Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Yvon All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Yvon has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.