Writing Fiction posted April 15, 2014 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
You always hurt the ones you love. 100 word dash

A chapter in the book Tiny Terrors

So Sorry I Missed You, Dear...

by Dean Kuch

100 Word Dash Contest Winner 





















So Sorry I Missed You, Dear

 

"I'm off to my poetry class, Harold!”

Harold was aware of his wife's secret affair.

Following her to a park, he observed his wife and a man necking in the back seat. Popping the cap on his sniper rifle lens, he sighted in, then fired...

 

<<>>


Back home, Harold sat watching television as his wife pulled in the driveway.

“I went by the poetry class, Jill. Your friends said you'd already left.”

“Oh? Uh—well, Harold, I'm sorry I missed you, dear.”

Harold sneered at her.

“Yeah, I'm really sorry I missed you too.”



Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

100 Word Dash
Contest Winner

Recognized


I'm not advocating that anyone go out and shoot their cheating spouses. Divorce is always a wiser option. Reconciliation and forgiveness, if possible -- even better.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.