Romance Fiction posted March 16, 2014 Chapters:  ...85 86 -87- 88... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Paige realizes she killed Walker.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; PART FIVE

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
PREVIOUS POST:

Billy Joe glanced toward the kitchen. "I'm starving."

"It'll be something simple." Nala headed for the kitchen.

Paige stopped Nala and tossed some money on the coffee table. "Order delivery. I'm going to my room."

Cash stood up to follow, but Billy Joe touched his arm. "She needs to be alone for a little while."


TODAY'S POST:

I should be with Paige. She needs my support. Cash thought as he sat.

His friends discussed their options for delivery and settled on pizzas and salads, deciding if Paige ate anything it would be salad.

"Ya in agreement?" Billy Joe asked his buddy.

Cash stared at the stairs leading to Paige's room.

Billy Joe kicked his buddy's boot. "Hey, is it okay if we order a buffalo b-cued in a pit?"

"Yeah." Cash studied the staircase.

"Go ahead and order. I guess buffalo's fine."

Mary Pat tilted her head. "I thought we decided on pizzas and salads."

"We did. Just teasin'." Billy Joe punched Cash's shoulder. "After the food gets here, take some to Paige."

Mary Pat set the phone down. "They said it'll be here in about twenty minutes."

Nala walked toward the kitchen. "I'll set the table." Mary Pat followed.

"I should be with Paige." Cash still stared at the stairs.

"Give her space to work it out. Paige's a lot stronger than we thought." Billy Joe took a toothpick from his shirt pocket.

"I know. She needs a shoulder to lean on."

"And ya think ya're that shoulder?" asked Billy Joe as his eyes widened.

"I am." Cash stood. "Who else would it be?"

"Sit. Wait 'till the food comes so ya'll have an excuse. If ya go up now, ya'll look like a lovesick dog. She's already got one mutt."

Mary Pat stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips. "Cash, you won't look like a lovesick dog, you'll give her the impression you don't think she's capable of handling things. No woman want's a man to believe that."

Cash studied Mary Pat for a moment and then sat. "Okay." He glanced at his watch. "It'd better hurry."

*****
After the delivery man came, Cash grabbed two slices of vegetable pizza and a salad. He headed for the stairs. "Save me some with all meat."

"Whoa!" Mary Pat grabbed his arm. "You'll need more than that." She opened the freezer door grabbed two containers of ice cream, and faced Nala. "Which one? I'd say butter pecan."

"I agree." Nala handed Cash a spoon.

"You've got to be kidding." Cash accepted the container of ice cream. "Shouldn't it be in a bowl?"

"Nope, only the container will do." Mary Pat nodded.

Mary Pat, Billy Joe, and Nala watched Cash walk up the stairs. Billy Joe sighed. "I hope he doesn't strike out."

"He won't. Paige loves him as much as he loves her." Mary Pat took a bite of pizza.

*****
Cash stood in the doorway of Paige's room with hands filled with pizza, salad and a half gallon of ice cream. "You hungry?"

Paige glanced at him, and then walked over, and grabbed the ice cream. "Butter pecan, my favorite." She sat and began to pry the lid off. "Do you have a spoon?"

Cash handed her one. Mary Pat was right. She's going to eat straight from the container. But she's a Yankee, from Boston. Maybe it's a female thing.

Paige studied Cash for a few moments. "Is something wrong?"

"No. Here's salad and pizza."

"You can eat that. I want the ice cream."

"Okay." Cash took a bite of pizza. This could use some meat. "Can I sit by you?"

"Sure." Paige scooted from the center giving Cash more room, scooped a spoonful of ice cream, and put it in her mouth. "Yum, this is just what the doctor ordered."

Cash took another bite of pizza.

After a long silence, Paige said, "I guess I'm going to jail." She studied the spoon.

"I don't think so. If Davis thought you were at fault, he would've arrested you. I think he feels you protected yourself and me. The police are aware of the problems you've had with Walker."

"I hope you're right." Paige put another spoonful of ice cream in her mouth as tears welled in her eyes. "Do you honestly believe this is over?"

Cash's eyes met hers. "I think the Walker family may still cause problems, but for the most part; it's over." He drew Paige closer into his chest and held her.

When Paige finished crying, she backed away. "Sorry."

Cash stood. "Not a problem." He reached for a tissue, handing it to her.

Paige dried her eyes. "You knew this was coming, didn't you? That's why you brought the ice cream."

"To be honest, Mary Pat suggested the ice cream. I wouldn't have thought of it. Next time I will." Cash grinned. "How can I help?"

"Will you hold me?" Paige lay on the bed. "I need to be held."




Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of a butter pecan ice cream. I am NOT endorsing any brand of ice cream, this happens to be the one I found still in the container. I know you'll be shocked as long as this novel has drawn out, but I actually see the end in sight. LOL I hope EE doesn't destroy my post with ?'s. I use a lot of dialogue, so if you don't like reading dialogue, please don't read. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me. Steven, my youngest son, 20 years old until tomorrow, is home and resting peacefully. He has two doctor's appointments next week and they'll decide if he is healing or needs surgery. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.