Romance Fiction posted March 11, 2014 Chapters:  ...84 85 -86- 87... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Paige helps Nala.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; PART FOUR

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
PREVIOUS POST:

Billy Joe pulled Cash aside. "Once it sets in that Paige assisted in killing Walker, she's not going to take it well."

"I know." Cash went back to Paige. He brushed aside a lock of hair that had fallen over her face. She looked up and smiled as he drew her closer.


TODAY'S POST:

Cash touched Paige's hand with his. "Let's go into the library. It's more comfortable in there."

Paige followed. After she settled on the couch, Cash sat beside her. Billy Joe and Mary Pat followed. Mary Pat glanced at her watch. "Nala's taking longer than usual at the grocery store."

Paige jumped up. "Walker said Nala was being detained." She looked at Cash. "He had your distributor cap. He's done something to Nala. We need to help."

"We already know what he did. Once we bought a new one it took forty-five minutes to fix it." Cash ran to the truck with Billy Joe on his heels.

Mary Pat and Paige hurried to Paige's Jaguar. Both groups rushed to the grocery store.

Once inside, the foursome found the manager's office. There sat Nala.

Paige walked to her and hugged her. "What happened?"

"This man accused me of stealing your money." Tears welled in Nala's eyes. "I never did nothing like that. Honest."

After Paige knelt down, she put her arms around Nala. "I know. Walker arranged all of this. I'll settle it." She glanced at Cash. "Would you take her home?"

"Excuse me. You can't take her anywhere." The young assistant manager glared at Paige.

"I know you're too young to be the manager of anything. Where's your boss?" Paige glared back and checked the nametag on his shirt, making sure she got his name correct. "Mr. Larry Matter."

"He's not available. I'm in charge." Larry glanced at his watch. "The police should have been here by now. I wonder what's taking them so long."

Paige tapped her watch. "I'm giving you three minutes to contact your boss."

"I told you I'm in charge."

"You now have two and a half minutes."

The young male stood his ground. "You can't threaten me. Wait 'til the police arrive."

"I'll be sure to tell them how Dwayne Walker paid you to detain Nala." Paige paused. "Oh, by the way, you're down to a minute and a half."

Mr. Matter walked over to Nala. "I'm sorry, ma'am. There's been a mistake. You're free to leave."

Cash took Nala's hand. "Let's go home." He led her to the door.

Nala turned. "What about my car?"

"If you give me the keys, I'll drive it home." Billy Joe put his hand out.

After reaching into her purse, Nala handed Billy Joe the keys. "It's not real fancy." She looked at the floor.

Billy Joe knelt down so their eyes met. "Neither's mine." He patted her hand as he took the keys.

Paige watched as Nala and Cash closed the door behind them, and then she turned toward the young assistant manager. "How much did Walker pay you to detain Nala?"

Larry sat down and ran his fingers through his medium length dirty blond hair. "I'm going to be fired, aren't I?"

"Looks like it. My attorney will be in touch. Losing your job is the least of your problems. Since you're the assistant manager, I may sue the entire grocery chain." Paige titled her head toward sirens. "The police have finally made it."

*****
After Paige, Mary Pat, and Billy Joe arrived home, they discussed the events leading to the arrest of Larry Matter.

Paige hugged Nala. "Don't worry about anything. I never believed for a second you'd steal from me."

Mary Pat plopped in a recliner. "This Matter guy married one of the Walker cousins. I guess they're all related somehow." She rubbed her eyes. "I don't think I can take anymore today. I'm beat."

Billy Joe glanced toward the kitchen. "I'm starving."

"It'll be something simple." Nala headed for the kitchen.

Paige stopped Nala and tossed some money on the coffee table. "Order delivery. I'm going to my room."

Cash stood up to follow, but Billy Joe touched his arm. "She needs to be alone for a little while."



Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of a grocery store. I know you'll be shocked as long as this novel has drawn out, but I actually see the end in sight. LOL I hope EE doesn't destroy my post with ?'s this week. I use a lot of dialogue, so if you don't like reading dialogue, please don't read. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me. Steven, my youngest son, 20 years old until Monday, is home and resting peacefully. He may still be facing surgery. The lesion on his salivary gland has decreased in size but still twice the original size and still producing puss. No clue what caused it. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.