Romance Fiction posted March 2, 2014 Chapters:  ...83 84 -85- 86... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Paige and Walker fight.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; PART THREE

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
PREVIOUS POST:

"There is no treasure. It's a myth." Paige paused. "If you don't get medical help, you might lose the eye or the sight might be damaged."

"I should kill you and search for the treasure myself." Walker lunged for Paige.

Paige averted his attempt, grabbed the fire extinguisher, and slammed it against Walker's body as hard as she could. "Take that, you creep."

TODAY'S POST:

Dwayne Walker used his weight, leaned against Paige, and knocked her onto the floor. Paige struggled but couldn't stand. Walker's body covered her from her feet to her waist. Blood puddled on the floor. Paige managed to grab the fire extinguisher but couldn't raise it from her angle. Instead, she pulled the safety key and sprayed Walker's face.

"Bitch! I'll kill you!" Dwayne raised himself just enough to slug Paige.

Paige cried out, swung the empty canister, and blocked the punches.

"Paige!" Cash lifted Walker from her and repeatedly slugged Walker's already battered body.

Billy Joe helped Paige to her feet, and into a chair. He then grabbed Cash around the shoulders and dragged him away.

Dwayne fell unconscious.

"You'll kill him. He ain't worth it. Let the police handle it." Billy Joe dialed 911 and gave them the information.

When Billy Joe finished talking, Cash asked, "Why'd you pull me off?"

"Because Paige doesn't need you in jail. She needs you to be with her."

"Cash walked over to Paige and caressed her cheek. "Where's Mary Pat and Morgan."

Paige pointed. "I don't know for sure but I think they're in the mud room."

Cash started in that direction.

"You stay with her. I'll get my wife." Billy Joe left.

Cash knelt in front of Paige, put his arms round her, and held her. "It's over."

After moments of silence, Morgan ran into the room growling. He jumped up and grabbed Walker's arm.

Cash swung around as a knife grazed his back shoulder blade, cutting his shirt. He jumped up, clutched Dwayne by the throat, and shook him.

The knife had fallen to the side. Paige noticed as it moved toward her. She grabbed it and thrust it into Walker's side, not once but repeatedly and yelled, "Take that!"

*****
Mary Pat kicked Dwayne Walker in the stomach as she walked by him. "He's the scum of the Earth."

Morgan sat beside Paige, putting his head in her lap.

Paige petted his head. "Thank you, buddy." She glanced up when she heard the front door open. "Detective Davis, what brings you to our neighborhood?"

He walked to the body lying face down in blood. "Walker, I presume." He took out his phone, called for a bus and the crime scene unit.

"Who else keeps breaking into my house?" Paige touched Cash's cut shirt. "Maybe you need to go to the ER this time, instead of me."

"I'm fine, only a scratch. It's barely bleeding. I've been hurt worse playing football."

"Would somebody please tell me what happened?" Davis removed his notebook from his pocket.

"If I tell you, will you believe me this time?" Paige glared at him.

"I think the body and the surrounding evidence speaks for itself."

"If you would've believed me the first time or even the second, this wouldn't have happened."

"You've made your point." Davis tapped his pen on the pad. "Just give me the facts."

After Detective Davis wrote down the events of the afternoon and the crime scene unit left, Cash released a deep breath. "How'd you get the knife?"

Paige took his hand. "Bradley moved it within my reach."

"Don't go talkin' about them ghosts again." Billy Joe shook his head. "If he was real, why didn't he take care of Walker before he put my wife in the mud room?"

"I don't understand what he does or doesn't do. I just know I saw the knife move toward me."

*****
Billy Joe pulled Cash aside. "Once it sets in that Paige assisted in killing Walker, she's not going to take it well."

"I know." Cash went back to Paige. He brushed aside a lock of hair that had fallen over her face. She looked up and smiled as he drew her closer.






Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of police lights. I know you will be shocked as long as this novel has drawn out, but I actually see the end in sight. LOL I hope EE doesn't destroy my post with ?'s this week. I have contacted Tom, but.....I use a lot of dialogue, so if you don't like reading dialogue, please don't read. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.