Romance Fiction posted February 23, 2014 Chapters:  ...82 83 -84- 85... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Paige battles with Dwayne Walker.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; PART TWO

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
PREVIOUS POST:

Paige rubbed Morgan's head. "I heard it too, boy. I'm sure the guys are back and unloading supplies."

Mary Pat stood. "I'll check it out."

Morgan's stare continued to follow Mary Pat.

This is a list of run-a-way slaves the Bookmans helped get to the underground railroad. There really are tunnels under this house. Paige looked up as the pup left the room. "All right, you check on it. Maybe Mary Pat and the guys need help."

Within moments, Paige heard Morgan bark, growl, and yip. She jumped up and ran to the hallway. "How'd you get in here? Where's Mary Pat and Morgan?"


TODAY'S POST:

"Your friends can't help you."

"What did you do to them?" Paige scanned the room for evidence that Mary Pat and Morgan were all right.

"Now, would I hurt anybody?" He smirked, while aiming a knife at Paige.

"Yes." As he crept closer, Paige backed away.

"If you give me what I want, I'll leave you and your friends alone."

Paige set her jaw as she glared at Dwayne Walker. "I don't have the treasure. I don't know if there is or ever was a treasure." Paige's back was against the kitchen wall.

Walker used the knife to cut off the top button of her blouse. "This won't end good for you, sweetheart."

"I'm not your sweetheart."

"You could've been. I would've enjoyed teaching you to be a proper Southern Belle."

"You would've forced it on me."

"Once you saw the light, you would've easily given up those Yankee liberal ways. You're smart. It wouldn't take long for you to see the South's rising again. You would want to be on the winning side."

He's relaxed a little. Now's my chance. Paige slammed her knee into Walker's groin. When he doubled over in pain, she ran.

Paige didn't get far before he caught up to her. She was cornered. Think! There has to be a weapon in here. It's a kitchen for God's sake. On the floor by the cabinet, Paige saw the small kitchen fire extinguisher. That'll work. Patience. Wait for the right time.

"You're way too much trouble. If I didn't need you, you'd be dead."

"I can't tell you what I don't know." Paige never moved her glare from Walker. She heard growling in the background. He must've put Mary Pat and Morgan in the mud room. They're alive. Where's a ghost when you need one?

"You think you have it all figured out, but you can't play dumb forever. This time nobody's coming to your rescue. Those two rednecks' pickup is missing an important part." Walker took the distributer cap from his pocket, held it, and smiled. He glanced at his watch before he added, "Your uppity nigger's being detained as we speak. You know the other two are incapacitated." He laughed.

Don't show fear. Paige crossed her arms on her chest. "I don't have what you want. I've never heard of a treasure before all this garbage started."

Walker stepped closer, but was to the side. Paige didn't have a straight kick at him. As he lunged for her, she stretched her arm out and with her fingernails gouged his right eye.

Before he looked at his bloody hand, he applied pressure. "Bitch!"

Paige took deep breaths. Don't be afraid! You have him right where you want him. She took another deep breath. Sorta.

With the knife aimed at Paige, Walker motioned for her to move. "Go toward the sink. I need to get a damp towel for my eye."

"I'm not moving." Paige put her hands on her hips.

"You heard me! Move!"

"I said I'm not moving." Paige's blue eyes glared at him.

"I need a doctor, Bitch."

"If you put the knife down, I'll call one."

"Sure! Right after you call the police." He glanced around the room. "As soon as I get the treasure, I'm leaving this town."

"There is no treasure. It's a myth." Paige paused. "If you don't get medical help, you might lose the eye or the sight might be damaged."

"I should kill you and search for the treasure myself." Walker lunged for Paige.

Paige averted his attempt, grabbed the fire extinguisher, and slammed it against Walker's body as hard as she could. "Take that, you creep."




Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of a woman kneeing a man. I am sure Paige isn't wearing a dress and heals, but you get the idea. I hope EE doesn't destroy my post with ?'s this week. I have contacted Tom, but.....I use a lot of dialogue, so if you don't like reading dialogue, please don't read. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.