General Non-Fiction posted February 2, 2014 Chapters:  ...20 21 -22- 23... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Inspired by Spitfire's poem 'Who Reads'

A chapter in the book Carolyn's Corner

Instructions please

by Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens

I recently read a short poem written by another Fanstorian and thought about all the ways that particular little poem could apply. The gist of it was,read the instructions before attempting assembly.

Sometimes it is difficult to teach or give an example of the importance of studying the Word of God. I have a little story to share which might make it a bit easier.

A couple bought a Tricycle and decided they knew exactly how to put that thing together. They got out the 'nuts and bolts', the pedals and handle bars, and all the various other parts. After hours of working, getting upset and totally frustrated, they were about to give up on the whole thing. They had never looked at the Instruction sheet which had been provided. Once they read and followed those instructions, the Trike went together perfectly, it turned out fine.

Our life is kind of like that. When we get to thinking we can 'do it our way' without any help from God, we make a mess out of things. Sometimes, just like that Tricycle, we must take it all apart and start completely over. We finally turn to the written word for instructions. Then we can get on with building our life according to His will, according to His Word.

My husband had a poster in his teenager's class which read:
B asic
I nstructions
B efore
L eaving
E arth

I always liked it.

Have you read the 'Good Book' lately ? The author is the most 'Creative Writer' I have ever had the pleasure to know. Absolutely inspiring, good for the Soul.

Love, :-) Carolyn




Recognized


Thanks to VisionaryPerspective for the use of this awesome picture.
I hope you enjoy this, it is not meant to be 'preachy' but 'practical'. :-) Carolyn
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.