Romance Fiction posted December 22, 2013 Chapters:  ...73 74 -75- 76... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Chief Dennison arrives.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER SIXTEEN, PART TWO

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
PREVIOUS POST:

Paige breathed a sigh of relief. Thank you, Bradley.

Paige, Cash, Billy Joe, and Mary Pat watched in silence as the paranormal team walked to their van. "I'm glad this is over." Paige rubbed the chill from her arms.

"You were really afraid they'd find something, weren't you?" Cash put his arms around Paige's shoulders.

As Paige nodded, she watched Wesley Blake's cap fly off his head to the other side of the van. Bradley, no! Within minutes the windshield wipers came on and the horn blew. Paige rubbed her eyebrows. Bradley, what have you done now?

TODAY'S POST:

Still standing on the front porch, Billy Joe slapped Cash on the back. "Ya think we better go help those dimwits? I figure the electrical system's shorting out?"

"It would be the neighborly thing to do." Cash grinned. "We're Southern boys so we better live up to our upbringing." Both men walked down the steps to the van.

"Something must be wrong with the van." Wesley Blake stared at the vehicle. "Our equipment showed no paranormal activity."

"That was inside the house. Maybe the spirit was outside waiting for us to leave. I'm going to recheck." A paranormal team member attempted to open the back of the van, but it wouldn't budge.

From the porch Paige tilted her head, watched, and listened. Bradley, you're causing way too much trouble. You've made your point. It's time you stopped.

Mary Pat smiled. "This is better than a comedy reality show."

"Oh so true." Paige smiled when the van's activity stopped. Thank you.

As the four member paranormal team and Wes got into the van, Billy Joe slapped the hood. "I'd take this to a garage right away."

Wes nodded. "I'm on my way." They drove away and the horn pierced the air one more time.

Paige laughed. You're a real stinker. Couldn't help yourself, could you?

Billy Joe reached the steps first. As he put his right foot on the bottom step, he stumbled and his toothpick fell from his mouth. "Dang it, Cash. You didn't need to kick me in the ass."

"I didn't. You missed the step." Cash fell and his hands hit the steps catching his fall. "Something isn't right."

Mary Pat glanced at Paige and mouthed, "Is your buddy at work?"

Paige nodded and whispered, "I think so." She released a deep breath and shook her head.

"Let's do something fun." Mary Pat hooked her arm through her husband's as he reached the porch.

"You're right. We've been under stress for months. I think it's getting to all of us." Paige shielded her eyes from the sun with her hand as she watched the police chief drive up with three cars behind him. "I guess it's not going to happen now. How about when they leave?"

The foursome watched Chief Dennison and the six crime scene investigators walk up to the porch.

"Chief, did Redman say anything of interest?" Paige offered her hand. "We can go inside, get comfortable, and discuss it."

An investigator turned and faced Paige. "Sorry, but you're not allowed inside until we're finished."

Robert accepted Paige's hand. "Redman confirmed that Walker's giving the orders and is paying the two suspects. We still haven't been able to contact Walker. His family said he left for vacation, but didn't say where he was going."

Paige raised her eyebrows. "That's strange. Classes have already started at SCAD and he's a professor there. This early in the semester I can't imagine he took an extended leave."

"You have a point. I can't imagine his family lying for him. They're an upstanding family in this town; old money." The chief adjusted his hat.

"Rumor has it Walker lost the family fortune playing the commodities," said Cash. "They're behind on the plantation's taxes and are about to lose it. They want it back and Paige's money is an easy way to get it."

"I've heard that rumor too, but never believed it."

"It's true. I had my father's investor check it out. He lost millions and actually owes more than he lost."

"That puts a whole new spin on this case." Robert rubbed his chin.

Mary Pat had stood a little behind the group, but moved closer. "I'd love to know what Walker had on Redman in order to blackmail him into helping."

"I'm not at liberty to say, but I will tell you that all Redman did was hand the keys to the suspects." Dennison stepped away to answer his phone.

After he put his phone away, he joined the foursome. "We sent the rope you ladies were tied up with to Atlanta. We didn't have the equipment to process it. It seems both the young Walker and Davis' fingerprints and DNA were on it and on some duct-tape."

Paige glanced up when she heard her dog's familiar bark as the pup came running over to greet her, Nala following. "How have you been?" She hugged Nala, and then bent down and cuddled Morgan. "I missed you too."

Paige moved her head from side to side while the pup licked her face. She finally laughed. "It's good we're all together." Paige stood. "Chief Dennison, I'd like you to meet my friend, Nala Olson."

Nala offered her hand. "Pleased to meet you, sir."






Recognized


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!!!

Thank you Google images for the picture of a van that is used to identify paranormal activity. I use a lot of dialogue, so if you don't like reading dialogue, please don't read. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.