Romance Fiction posted December 15, 2013 Chapters:  ...72 73 -74- 75... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
They search for Bradley Bookman.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER SIXTEEN, PART ONE

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

After Cash held open the SUV door for Paige, he pointed to the sidewalk. "I see that Blake guy didn't waste any time getting here."

"Look at all that equipment!" Paige released a deep breath. Bradley, please leave the house before you get hurt. This guy means business.

Billy Joe and Mary Pat followed Cash and Paige to the house. As the four approached Wesley Blake, he shook each of their hands and welcomed them.

An open black bag aroused Paige's curiosity. "What's the equipment for?"

Wes removed a cell phone size object.

"You gonna talk to a ghost on a special phone?" Billy Joe chuckled.

"No, this is an EMF meter and it detects disturbances in the surrounding electromagnet fields." Blake handed it to a female team member and then took out another gadget. "This barometer will tell us if there's an increase or decrease in barometric pressure."

"Are you expecting rain?" Mary Pat looked at the sky. "It's sunny and clear."

"I've read that ghosts prefer haunting during stormy weather." Paige used her hand to shield her eyes from the sun.

"Not necessarily. When ghosts manifest themselves the barometric pressure can rise and lower in that specific area." Wes gave it to a male member of his paranormal team and said, "Wait for me on the porch." After he watched his four team members walk toward the house, he held two rods. "These dowsing rods are used to detect spiritual energy. If ghosts are around, they'll either cross or uncross." Next, he held two small plastic bags.

Paige reached out and touched them. "It looks like spices. What do you plan to do with this?"

"White sage is used in ceremonies. It's for cleansing, clearing, and blessings. If we actually find a spirit living in your house, we'll smudge the house by burning the sage to expel negative vibrations, entities, and thought influences."

Paige grabbed the plastic bags. "I'll hold on to these."

"Okay, let's get this under way." Blake started walking up the steps. "It shouldn't take long to see what we're dealing with. I think you might want to stay out here. These spirits can get nasty. We already know two people have been hurt inside this house."

"I'm coming with you. I've lived in this house for months and there's nothing dangerous inside, except the two men who are now sitting in jail." Paige followed Wes up the steps. Before going inside, Paige closed her eyes. Bradley, please leave until this guy and his team are gone.

"I gotta see this." Billy Joe ran up the steps. Cash and Mary Pat followed close behind.

Inside the house the EMF meter and the barometer showed no activity. Wes stared at the instruments and then adjusted them. "They seem to be working."

One of the male team members stood beside him. "If there's no activity, how do you explain the orb and the injuries those two men had? They were really scared."

Billy Joe patted the man on the back. "Good questions. I figured no ghost did it anyway."

"The orb's easy to explain. The video camera probably had a smudge or dust on the lens. The injuries are another issue. All I can do is guess somebody played a trick on them." Blake removed his cap and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I figured that all the time and I don't own any fancy tools." Billy Joe eyed Paige. "Do you have anything to say?"

"Sure don't." Paige held up the white sage. "I guess you won't need this, will you?" After she handed it back, she smiled. "Can I have my house back now?"

"I don't see why not, but the police will probably need to process the crime scene before anything else is touched."

"I'll call Chief Dennison and let him know the house is safe to enter. No Boo hags here." Cash held his cell phone, walked away from the group, and stood on the front porch.

Wes walked through the house one more time with his team and the three friends following. He shook his head. "I don't understand this at all." He hesitated and turned around. "I guess we're finished. Let's go."

Paige breathed a sigh of relief. Thank you, Bradley.

Paige, Cash, Billy Joe, and Mary Pat watched in silence as the paranormal team walked to their van. "I'm glad this is over." Paige rubbed the chill from her arms.

"You were really afraid they'd find something, weren't you?" Cash put his arms around Paige's shoulders.

As Paige nodded, she watched Wesley Blake's cap fly off his head to the other side of the van. Bradley, no! Within minutes the windshield wipers came on and the horn blew. Paige rubbed her eyebrows. Bradley, what have you done now?



Recognized


Thank you Google images for the picture of a diploma that could be earned studying paranormal activity. I use a lot of dialogue, so if you don't like reading dialogue, please don't read. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.