Romance Fiction posted December 1, 2013 Chapters:  ...70 71 -72- 73... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Piage sees the video.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; PART FOUR

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
PREVIOUS POST:

"Come with me and I'll show you the videos." Bart walked toward his car. "I'll meet you at the police station."

Billy Joe pulled Cash aside. "Ya gonna let this continue? Ya don't believe in ghosts, do ya?"

"No. Paige swears she had nothing to do with it and I believe her. We need to take a look at that video and see what's going on."

"I guess that's all we can do right now."

Hurrying to the SUV, Cash pressed the key fob and the clambered in to follow Bart.

TODAY"S POST:

"Ms. Swanson?" The speaker greeted them with an outstretched hand.

Paige accepted his hand. "Yes, and you are?"

"Wesley Blake." Wes motioned toward the foursome. "I'm head of the Paranormal Activity Team. We're tasked with checking your house for paranormal activity."

"What will you do when you find this activity?" Paige asked as she tilted her head.

"Ma'am, you must understand it's very rare that we find anything. Most of the time there's a reasonable explanation for the strange happenings. If there are actual spirits in the house, we'll rid the house of them."

Paige folded her arms across her chest. "I don't want the house rid of my ghost. I have become very fond of Bradley Bookman. Bradley's mischievous but not dangerous."

"If the video contains an actual paranormal event, it's more than naughty. It was dangerous to humans."

"May I see the video?" Paige glanced around the station.

"This way, please." Wes led them to a room that had a large rectangular table and chairs placed around it. "Who are these people?"

Paige cringed. "I'm so sorry. I forgot my manners." She pointed to Cash. "Cash Wilkens." After a sigh, she turned to Cash and added, "I'm sorry."

Cash shook the man's hand. "Pleased to meet you."

"My friends, Mary Pat Johnson and her husband, Billy Joe."

Both shook Wes's hand.

"You must be the man of the house." Mr. Blake grinned at Cash.

Billy Joe removed the toothpick from his mouth. "You could say that, right?" He smiled at Paige.

Cash put his hands on the back of a chair. "Not likely."

"I need to see the video." Paige took a seat at the table.

The other three followed Paige's lead as Wes put the video in the player and said, "This video's very graphic. We need to see the inside of the house before we can make any decisions about paranormal activity."

Paige's eyes widened as she watched Tyler and Daniel enter the house through the front door. "How'd those two get a key to my house?" She noticed the time listed in the corner of the video as two o'clock. When a sphere of light floated through the air, Paige sat straighter in the chair. "The light orb seems to be following Tyler."

As a desk drawer flew open, hitting Tyler in the lower stomach, Paige covered her mouth and whispered, "Bradley, that wasn't very nice." She glanced at Cash. "It wasn't very nice of those two coming into my house uninvited. I want them charged with breaking and entering."

The top of Tyler's right ear elongated and he swiped at it. "Daniel, that isn't funny! It hurts! We don't have time to play around!" He turned his head at the sound of a lone wolf howling. "I don't know how you're doing it, but stop!!" Again, he swung at the air around his ear. "That hurt!" He massaged his ear. "We need to get the goods and get back."

"I wonder where they need to get back to." Paige moved closer to the screen. "I don't believe this." As pots and pans rattled, she touched the screen and then faced Wes. "Bradley has never done anything like this before."

When chains rattled, Tyler ran into the kitchen. "Dan, we need to get out of here now!"

Daniel came up behind him, holding his bleeding nose. "I'm behind you!" He grabbed a towel from the counter and pressed it against his nose. "Somebody opened a door and hit me in the face. I think my nose is broken."

Sirens sounded as Tyler fell to the floor. "Why'd you kick my ass? I didn't break your nose."

Daniel fell to the floor. "Me either."

Both men raised their hands as the police entered the front door with weapons drawn.

Paige listened as Daniel and Tyler relayed their story to the officers. When the video finished, she stood. "I'd like to talk with the police chief. Somebody better know how these two got a key to my house and why Walker's blackmailing Redman."

Cash stood beside her. "I'd like to know if these are the same two men who broke into her house on two other occasions. Also, who taped the racial note to her door?"

"Don't forget about who harassed your mom and Nala in their homes." Billy Joe pointed his toothpick at Wes.

The officer standing beside Wes said, "Mr. Blake won't be any help with any of those questions. He's only here for the ghosts, but I'll take you to somebody who might have the answers."

"While you're taking care of that business, my team and I'll start on the house." Wes smiled at Paige.

Paige's eyes met his. "No, you won't. When I'm finished, we'll go to my house together. No one's going to hurt Bradley."

The foursome followed the young officer through the narrow halls to the chief-of-police's office.

Mary Pat touched his engraved name plate on the door. "Boy, this case ranks high."

"Maybe it has something to do with who Paige is?" Billy Joe followed his wife through the door.

When Cash and Paige entered the room, the Police Chief offered his hand. Cash accepted it. He motioned for them to sit. "How can I help?"

Paige put both hands on his desk and leaned forward. "I need answers. I was told you have some answers."









Recognized


Thank you Google images for the image of the Savannah, Georgia police department emblem. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.