Romance Fiction posted November 17, 2013 Chapters:  ...68 69 -70- 71... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The foursome discusses what Bart told Cash..

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; PART TWO

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
PREVIOUS POST:

A few moments later, Cash stood beside his buddy. "We need to get the girls up and get back to Savannah. We've opened a hornets' nest, and it's not pretty. Come on. We need to hurry."

"But I just got my coffee." Billy Joe gulped his cup empty. "I needed that. What happened?"

"I'll explain on the way."

"It's Paige's ghost, ain't it?"

"Partly. Come on."

TODAY'S POST:

Cash sat on the edge of the bed and studied Paige. I'd better tell her about Cleve's death. How's she going to take it? He caressed her back and whispered her name.

Paige rubbed her eye. "Is it time to leave?"

"We need to get back to Savannah."

"Did our plan work?" Paige jumped out of bed and started toward the bathroom. "I won't be long."

"Whoa! Wait a minute." Cash reached for her hand. "Some have been caught. But..."

"Cash, what's wrong? It's not Morgan, is it?" Paige chewed on her lower lip.

"As far as I know Morgan's fine." Cash motioned for Paige to sit. "Billy Joe came over earlier. He'd seen on the news that Cleve Clover was killed in a car accident."

"During last night's race?"

"No."

"I'll send his parents flowers. They'll be devastated." Paige got up and went into the bathroom.

What does that mean? Cash got a bottle of water, opened it, and took a drink.

*****
After Mary Pat and Paige were dressed, the four friends met in the hallway. Mary Pat glanced at her husband. "Can we eat before we head home? I know we need to get back, but I need a cup of coffee"

Paige nodded. "I could use a cup of tea. Let's go down to the restaurant."

"Cash and I were already there, and the service is lousy. How about a fast food joint?" Billy Joe headed toward the elevator.

"The service was bad." Cash took Paige's bag from her. "I'll carry this. We'll get the SUV loaded and see if we can find someplace to eat before we get out of Atlanta."

Paige took her phone from her purse and did a search. "There's a place two blocks south of here."

Mary Pat handed her bag to Billy Joe. "Let's go."

*****
As Cash backed from the parking spot, Billy Joe turned to Paige. "Who ever heard of New York Cheesecake pancakes? That just ain't right."

"They were really good, or at least the bite Paige shared." Mary Pat smiled at Paige.

Billy Joe shook his head. "Of course you'd like them. You ate raspberry white chocolate chip pancakes. What happened to ol' fashioned flapjacks?" He glanced at his buddy. "It's only us four. Can you finally tell us what Bart said?"

"Let's get out of the city traffic first."

About thirty minutes later, Billy Joe tapped the dashboard. "We're out of town. Talk."

"I guess I don't have a choice." Cash chuckled. "We had visitors. It seems our friends Daniel Walker and James Davis Junior entered the house around two this morning." He glanced in the rearview mirror at Paige. "I don't know how you did it, but Tyler and Daniel swear the house is haunted. There seems to be a light orb on the video."

"What type of things did Bradley Bookman do?" Paige tilted her head.

"Tyler swears somebody kept pulling his ear and drawers kept opening into him when he'd get close and hit him. A wolf howled and chains rattled. Your classic ghost."

"Somebody's playin' a joke." Billy Joe stuck a toothpick in his mouth. "Ain't no such thing as ghosts."

"A door smacked Daniel in the face and broke his nose."

Paige covered her mouth to hide the grin.

"Pots and pans rattled, and lights went on and off. Both Tyler and Daniel say somebody kicked them in the butt." Cash shook his head. "Paige, you've really caused an uproar this time. The police won't enter the house and want some high-falutin guy to come and get rid of these ghosts. Oh yeah, they think you have maybe fifteen to twenty ghosts in that house. I think maybe you went overboard when you hired the special effects people."

"I didn't hire anybody. I have only one ghost, and he's friendly. He's only protected my home."

"Well, that's the fun news. Tyler and Daniel got so scared they started talking up a storm. It seems Walker's blackmailing Redman for information about the house."

"Mr. Redman seems like a nice man. What could Dwayne have on him?" asked Paige.

"Oh, wait, I know," interjected Mary Pat. "Walker got Redman drunk or high and used a pro to either seduce him or at least pretend they had sex and took pictures."

"I think your imagination is goin' overboard. I doubt Redman knew anything to tell." Billy Joe removed the toothpick. "I can't wait to get all the dirt on these guys."

"All we have so far is Tyler and Daniel breaking and entering. We have no other proof. We can't tie them into anything else." Cash slapped the steering wheel. "Redman and Walker are being brought in this afternoon."

Billy Joe's eyes widened, "Cash, we need gas."

"We have a quarter of a tank. It can wait."

"No, it can't. There's a station next exit. Take it."

Cash took the next exit, got out of the SUV, and pumped gas. "What's so urgent?"

Billy Joe stood beside him. "Do you think Paige hired somebody to provide special effects in the house?"

"With her money, it's possible."

"She said she didn't. Would she lie to us?" Billy Joe glanced toward the girls in the SUV.







Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of a ghost going upstairs. Could a ghost play tricks on Tyler and Daniel or did Paige pay for special effects? Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.