General Non-Fiction posted November 14, 2013 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 25... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A love story

A chapter in the book Carolyn's Corner

I sparkle for you

by Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens

Hi there,

It has been almost a year since I joined this wonderful, International, writing site, called Fanstory. The experience has been so much more than I could have ever imagined. I had high hopes of posting, getting feed-back from my peers, and if all went as planned, I would improve somewhat in my skills as a writer. The support and encouragement you have extended to me, has been, and is, overwhelming. Never did I dream I would fall in love. You have made my eyes sparkle!

With the anniversary coming up, (and a little nudge from misscookie) I decided it was time to be brave, and post a picture of myself. It was taken this summer at an outdoor wedding. I hope you enjoy me, as much as I enjoy you. It has been a delight to visualize dear Maureen in Canada, Shari in Florida, Ritchie in Asia, Sagnik in India, and our sweet Evelyn in Arkansas, and so many others. So go ahead, take the plunge, 'post the pic', it is liberating!

My Dad used to tell me that my eyes were like mirrors to my soul. If that is true, then look into them, even though they are now behind glasses. (The better to see you with, of course.) When I think of lovely things, favorite things, mittens, kittens, jam, oh well, you know the song, then I sparkle.

When I think of children, God's love, rainbows and friendship, mud puddles and dandelions, I sparkle. When I feel a hug from a loved one or a friend, or give one to someone I don't know, but looks like they could use one, I sparkle. Family dinners, grandparent days, band concerts and choral festivals, smell of new babies, all those events make me sparkle. And when I read and review the written word of so many of you, I glow. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy as that is my general nature anyway. My little grand-daughter Faith asked me once, "GeGe, do you smile all of the time?" I had to admit, most of the time I do.

I love all of you, in one way or another. Some are beloved critics, some are all that and much more, all are valued to me. We are family.


What makes you sparkle?


Best regards, lots of love, and blessings to all of you,
:-) Carolyn AKA notesandmore







Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.