Romance Fiction posted October 27, 2013 Chapters:  ...65 66 -67- 68... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Cash is missing.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER 14: PART FOUR

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
END OF PREVIOUS POST:

"Did you enjoy the game? Have you heard anything from Bart? I hope our plan worked." Page stepped closer to Cash. "You haven't told me which bed you want."

"I did. It was a great game." Their eyes met. Cash slowly bent down. His lips met Paige's as she put her arms around his neck.

After the kiss, Paige kept her eyes closed and licked her lips tasting the sweetness of Cash. Now what?

Another kiss quickly ensued.

Cash stopped. "This is wrong."

Paige watched Cash leave the room. What just happened? Why'd he leave?

TODAY'S POST:

Where's Cash? Paige paced the carpeted floor, glancing at her watch. He left over an hour ago. This makes no sense. Was kissing me so horrible? She opened the hotel room door, scanned the hallway, and closed the door. I don't get it.

Paige picked up the remote control, turned on the TV, and sat on the edge of the bed. I'll wait one more hour before I begin to worry. She leaned back on the bed. Dummy, you're already worried. Looking toward the door that separated the two rooms, she released a deep breath. I won't bother them until I have too. Certainly he'll be back soon.

An hour passed, and still no Cash. Paige studied the door. What do I say? Cash kissed me then ran away. It doesn't make sense. This whole thing doesn't make sense. Maybe I should look for him. If I can't find him, then I'll tell Mary Pat and Billy Joe. Paige opened the door and stepped into the hallway.

Two young men in their late twenties came toward her. The taller one smiled and said, "Hello, beautiful. Did you get locked out of your room? We can help." They both laughed.

Her eyebrows arched. "No!" Paige hesitated a moment. "I thought I heard something." She rushed back into the room, slammed the door, and leaned against it. "That wasn't too smart. My clothes are with Mary Pat. Searching for Cash is not an option."

I need to get my thoughts together. Maybe a bubble bath would help. Paige dialed room service.

When she heard a knock on the door, Paige rushed to answer. It's too soon for room service. I bet it's Cash.

"Good evening, Ma'am." The bellhop handed her a bottle of bubble bath. "I hope you enjoy your bath."

"Thank you, sir. I'm sure I will." Paige glanced around the room but remembered she'd left her purse with Mary Pat. "Sorry, my purse is next door. I'll leave a tip at the desk in the morning."

"Sure, Ma'am." The bellhop walked away.

"I really will." Paige closed the door. "I'm beginning to really hate men," she muttered to herself.

Paige turned on the bathtub faucet and the shower sprayed her. "UGH!" She turned the water off and adjusted it so the tub water would run. "Great now my T-shirt's wet." She checked the hook on the back of the door. At least they have an extra robe.

After removing the nightshirt and putting a generous amount of oil under the running water, Paige stepped into the luxurious claw-footed tub, relaxed, and turned off the water. "Peace at last." She leaned back and fell into a restless sleep.

Sure she had awakened every few seconds, Paige stretched. Hmm, the water got cool fast. She stepped from the tub, dried, and put on the fluffy white terrycloth robe the hotel had provided. She glanced at her watch. "Five o'clock. Guess I slept more than I thought." She ran from the bathroom and scanned the room. No Cash.

"Something must have happened. I better call the police." Paige grabbed the hotel phone and was about to press the keys for 911. A knock on the door caused her to jump.

"Who could that be?" Paige released a deep breath. Please not the police. Tears welled in her eyes.

With the door cracked open, Paige hesitated before she looked into the hallway. "Cash!" She threw her arms around his neck, hugged him, and then slapped his left cheek. "You'd better have a good excuse for being out all night!"






Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of the Paige getting ready for her bubble bath. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.