Romance Fiction posted October 20, 2013 Chapters:  ...64 65 -66- 67... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
ATLANTA

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER 14: PART THREE

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
END OF PREVIOUS POST:
"I wanted to fit in. Isn't this how Braves' fans dress? Mary Pat and I Googled it. She's dressed similar."

Cash opened the door. "Move over. I'm driving."

"You sure? You seen Paige?"

"She's sitting in the backseat. So?"

"We get in a accident, it ain't my fault. I warned ya'."


TODAY'S POST:

As the group entered the Atlanta suburbs, Billy Joe turned toward Paige. "Do we check into the hotel first? Where we stayin'? We don't know a dang thing about this."

"We have reservations at The Ritz-Carlton. It's about a mile and a half from Turner Field. They have limousine service. Since the game doesn't start until seven-fifteen, I thought maybe we could sightsee for a few hours, eat a nice lunch, check into the hotel, and relax a while before the game. How does that sound?"

Mary Pat smiled. "Sounds great to me."

Cash glanced into the rearview mirror. "What do you have in mind for sightseeing?"

Paige removed a piece of paper from her purse and read, "The Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain, The World of Coca-Cola, The Botanical Garden, Turning Point: The American Civil War, there's a museum exhibition, or maybe the Braves Museum and Hall of Fame. Does anything interest you?"

"We better rule out the Civil War thing." Billy Joe removed his toothpick. "You bein' a Yankee might cause problems."

"There's always Buckhead. We could go shopping. Right, Mary Pat?"

"Yep. I've never been shopping there. I've heard it's great."

"We ain't got no money for fancy shoppin'. Don't go gettin' fancy ideas in your head." Billy Joe's jaw clenched.

"Cash, we haven't heard from you? What would you like to do?" Paige leaned forward and touched his shoulder.

"I'd really like to go to the Hall of Fame museum, but we could go an hour or so early to the game and see it. Billy Joe and I could go through it and you two could shop at the gift shop if you want."

"Or they could wait at the hotel and come a little later," added Billy Joe.

"I think we should stay together. Paige seems to get herself in all sorts of trouble. Remember when I took her fishing and the revenuers thought she had a still?" Cash chuckled.

"Yeah! And she got that mutt."

"I've been a Braves fan since I was knee-high to a goose. When I was little, Daddy and I watched the games on TV. I'd love to see the museum." Mary Pat faced Paige. "Do you mind?"

"No, but I do take offence to you calling Morgan a mutt. He's a pure-bred chocolate Labrador retriever." Paige tapped Billy Joe's shoulder.

He grabbed it and pretended to be hurt. "She hits hard."

"What should we do between now and the hotel?" Paige fingered her paper.

Billy Joe pointed to an exit. "That's where ya' shouldda got off."

"I know. Have you noticed the traffic? I couldn't get over." Cash pointed to the next sign. "That settles it. We're going to the aquarium."

"We could save a lot of money and go out to ol' man Johnson's lake and watch the fish." Billy Joe's eyebrows rose.

Mary Pat tapped her husband's shoulder. "Play nice."

*****
As the foursome arrived back at the SUV, Billy Joe opened his door and plopped down in the passenger seat. "I can't believe you paid $158.00 to look at fish."

"I enjoyed watching the different types of fish and seeing the different depths that certain fish live at." Mary Pat thumbed through a brochure. "I learned a lot."

"I found out I'm using the wrong bait for catfish." Cash grinned and glanced back at Paige before he got behind the steering wheel. "Where to now?"

"Ready for lunch?" Paige removed a second piece of paper from her purse, scanned it, and then studied Billy Joe for a moment before she put it back inside her purse. "Flip Burger Boutique is supposed to have really good hamburgers."

Billy Joe whispered, "Great. A boutique."

"Go toward the hotel. There's a place downtown. Midtown Burgers is supposed to be good."

Mary Pat mouthed, "Thank you," to Paige.

After they ate, Billy Joe put his arm around Paige. "That was the best cheeseburger I ever ate." He kissed her cheek.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Paige glanced at her watch. "Want to check into the hotel?"

"I'm ready." Cash took her hand as they walked to the rented SUV.

Paige pointed to a skyscraper. "See that? It looks like The Ritz-Carlton. It's on N.E. Peachtree Street."

Cash glanced at the traffic. "It should only be a minor inconvenience to get there." He winked at Paige.

"How we sleepin'?" Billy Joe put in a new toothpick.

"Mary Pat and I have a king-size bed. There's a door between the rooms. You and Cash have two queens in your room. That's all I really know."

A valet parked the vehicle. Paige registered the group and asked for a limousine to pick them up at five o'clock.

Paige smiled as she watched Mary Pat's eyes widen. "I've never seen such a gorgeous hotel lobby." She pointed. "Crystal chandeliers and a water fountain."

"Just wait until you see the room." Paige told the bell hop they would be staying on the tenth floor and handed him each of the keys.

The bell hop helped them with their luggage and assisted with the elevator. Once the elevator stopped, he opened the ladies' room and set their luggage on a stand in the room. He then left to show the men their room.

Mary Pat lay back on the bed. "Wow, this is nice. I could really get used to this."

"I'm glad you like it. I hope the men like theirs." Paige sat beside her friend.

"This has been a perfect trip." Mary Pat sat up. "I can't imagine anything going wrong. I always dreamed Billy Joe and I would have a honeymoon in a room like this."

"Where'd you go for your honeymoon?"

"That little run-down hotel outside of town. We married the summer after we graduated. We didn't have any money. We always said if we ever had extra money we'd have a real honeymoon." Mary Pat shrugged her shoulders, got off the bed, and walked around the room.

Paige watched. "What time did the guys say to be ready?"

Mary Pat looked at her watch. "We have twenty minutes."

*****
The men and the ladies stepped out of their rooms at the same time.

Cash took Paige's hand. "I have to give it to you when you do something, you go all the way. The room's great."

"I'm glad you liked it. The limousine should be waiting. Off to the Hall of Fame Museum."

Inside the museum, Billy Joe and Cash dodged other sightseers as they stared at Hank Aaron memorabilia. Paige took Mary Pat aside. "I know this man must be important, but who is he?"

"Most fans believe the best Braves player ever. He retired in 1976, I think. He's before our time, but we've seen clips of him playing. The fans called him 'Hammerin' Hank. His retired number, 44, should be hanging in the stadium."

As they left the museum, Cash put his arm around Paige's shoulder. "What surprise do you have for our seats, young lady?"

Paige smiled. "They're in the Hank Aaron section, right behind home plate. Where else would they be?"

After they were seated, Paige watched her friends' eyes widen as they enjoyed the game. They had never sat so close to the playing field before and waitresses brought their concessions to them. The Braves beat the Dodgers five to three.

The limousine was in the designated area after the game and brought them back to the hotel.

Paige smiled as Billy Joe kissed Mary Pat good night before they went into their respective rooms.

Mary Pat and Paige were ready for bed, and they each crawled under the covers. After they said goodnight to each other, Paige heard Mary Pat release a huge sigh. "Is anything wrong?"

"No, I was just thinking how much fun we had today. Thank you for everything."

She's wishing she was sharing this bed with her husband, not me. Paige stood and unlocked the door between the two rooms. It wouldn't open. She knocked. "Would one of you unlock that side of the door?" After Cash unlocked the door, Paige said, "Billy Joe, Mary Pat's waiting. This is the honeymoon you've never had." She glanced at Cash. "I guess you're stuck with me. Do you want the bed by the air conditioner or the other one?"

Cash's gaze slowly glided down from Paige's eyes to the four-inch slits on each side of the upper thigh length, pink and white T-shirt.

What's he thinking? Paige tilted her head. "Is something wrong?"

After Cash cleared his throat, he said, "No, nothing's wrong."

"Did you enjoy the game? Have you heard anything from Bart? I hope our plan worked." Page stepped closer to Cash. "You haven't told me which bed you want."

"I did. It was a great game." Their eyes met. Cash slowly bent down. His lips met Paige's as she put her arms around his neck.

After the kiss, Paige kept her eyes closed and licked her lips tasting the sweetness of Cash. Now what?

Another kiss quickly ensued.

Cash stopped. "This is wrong."

Paige watched Cash leave the room. What just happened? Why'd he leave?





Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of the night T-shirt Paige could be wearing. Many reviewers may want more information about the places these four visited, but...my writing books state if it doesn't move the story along leave it out. I feel I have enough information about the trip to make the post interesting but not so much that it stops the post from moving along. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.