Romance Fiction posted October 13, 2013 Chapters:  ...63 64 -65- 66... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The foursome prepare for the game.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER 14: PART TWO

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Cash poked his buddy's arm. "Bart has friends at the police department and he could fill them in. When the alarm goes off, Bart will make sure they respond in a timely manner and catch the thieves in the act." He paused. "We just have to make sure we get the tickets and a hotel. This is short notice and it'll be a packed game."

Paige smiled. "Let me handle that. You just take care of the cameras." She watched Cash as he walked away scanning the room and writing notes.

TODAY'S POST:

Paige picked up four plastic water bottles and set them inside a bag. "How many do you think we should bring?"

"I think a couple bottles each will be enough, don't you?" Mary Pat grabbed four more bottles. "We're going to a ballgame, not to a desert."

"I wonder if we've packed enough snacks."

Both women turned their heads to the sound of a knock on the door.

"Who could that be this early on a Saturday morning?" asked Mary Pat.

"I rented a car for the drive to Atlanta." Paige glanced at her watch. "Seven-thirty, right on time." She opened the front door and spoke with the gentleman.

After speaking for a few moments, Paige and the man came inside. "Mary Pat, do you know where Cash and Billy Joe are? We need a copies of their driver's licenses. They'll drive, right?"

Paige smiled as the two men walked through the kitchen door. "Great timing. Mr. Fowler needs to make a copy of your driver's licenses."

"Why?" Cash retrieved his billfold from his back jeans pocket.

As Paige explained, both men handed them to him. He scanned and returned them.

Mr. Fowler handed Paige the keys and left.

Once the door shut, Cash asked, "Why do we need a rental car?"

"Because we won't fit in your truck or my Jaguar. The '69 Charger you're so fond of will pollute the air and cause noise pollution all the way to Atlanta. We'll be more comfortable in a larger vehicle."

Cash slapped his Atlanta Braves cap against his thigh a few times. "Don't you think a Mercedes-Benz SUV's a little overboard?"

Paige's eyes widened. "No, why?"

"Somehow I'm not surprised. How close to leaving are you two?" Cash lifted the bag with the water bottles. "Holy cow, is the kitchen sink in here?"

"I'm going to ignore your sarcasm for the sake of time. I need to change." Paige started upstairs, turned around, and hesitated. "Yesterday, Dr. Marc said since I just got my cast off I'd need to take it easy on my ankle. What do you think he meant?"

Billy Joe removed the toothpick from his mouth. "Not running up and down stairs when you're already dressed and it's time to leave. Dagnabbit. I'll need a few more toothpicks." He went into the kitchen.

*****
When Paige returned from changing, she watched Cash recheck the cameras. "Do you think this plan will work?" she asked.

"I think it has a good chance. After you all get outside I'll set the motion detectors. Bart's sitting around waiting for them. He'll alert the police department."

"Yesterday, Mary Pat and I told everybody how excited we were to go to the game. After the hospital, I think we shopped at almost every downtown store."

"That's probably on the doc's not to do list." Billy Joe stuffed a handful of toothpicks inside his jeans pocket.

Inside the SUV Mary pat ran her hand over the light gray seat. "This is real leather, isn't it?"

Paige nodded. "Yes."

"Ain't nothing special about that. Cash's Charger has leather seats. What's takin' him so long?"

"He's turning on all those surveillance things." Paige glanced toward the door. "Here he comes."

"I better drive. Cash'll have problems keepin' his mind on the road since you wore that T-shirt and them there Daisy Dukes." Billy Joe pointed his toothpick at Paige's shorts.

"I wanted to fit in. Isn't this how Braves' fans dress? Mary Pat and I Googled it. She's dressed similar."

Cash opened the door. "Move over. I'm driving."

"You sure? You seen Paige?"

"She's sitting in the backseat. So?"

"We get in a accident, it ain't my fault. I warned ya'."



Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of Atlanta Braves' fan gear. Things are starting to heat up as answers are found. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.