Romance Fiction posted October 6, 2013 Chapters:  ...62 63 -64- 65... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The foursome make a plan.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

CHAPTER 14: PART ONE

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Paige touched Cash's hand. "Can we discuss the crutch now? I think Bradley came to my rescue and hit Walker with the crutch."

Cash's hand wrapped around Paige's as he said, "I doubt that."

TODAY'S POST:

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

After Paige watched Faye put her phone inside her purse, she asked, "You're leaving?"

"Yes, sweetheart. I've been here nearly a week. It's been fun researching family history with you and Mary Pat, but it's time for me to go."

"Since nothing's been resolved, Cash won't be happy about your leaving."

"I'm going to stay with my brother and his wife. It's about ten miles southeast of town. Way in the back woods. Not even my son could find fault with that."

As Cash walked into the library, Paige and Faye glanced at each other and laughed.

"I'm guessing I'm the butt of another joke." Cash sat beside his mom and gave her a squeeze.

"Not really. I'm going to stay with your Uncle Frank until this blows over. I'm sure things will settle down before long. You young'uns need to go on with your lives."

Cash stared into his mother's eyes.

"It seems she's made up her mind." Paige touched Faye's arm.

"I have. We've found out that Bonnie Bookman-Walker's husband Daniel Walker had an older sister, Helen. Helen married none other than Matthew Stevenson, who is the stepson of Detective Davis or big brother to James Davis Junior. We have our connection. Now all you need is proof that Daniel and James 'Tyler'," Faye used her fingers to highlight Tyler, "are the men who caused the entire ruckus."

"We'll need to catch them in the act. I'm not sure how to make that happen." Cash released a deep breath.

"We should set something in motion that would be too hard for them to refuse and then snatch them." Paige clapped her hands and giggled as she said 'snatch'.

Faye glanced at her watch. "I agree, but what? I'm sure if you'll put your heads together you'll come up with something." She stood. "I need to finish packing. Frank will be here in about twenty minutes."

*****
Later that evening, Cash, Paige, Mary Pat, Billy Joe, and Nala sat around the dinner table and studied the chart.

Paige wiped her mouth with a napkin. "Everything seems to center around the jewelry. Maybe we could use that to set a trap."

"I agree. I think fightin' over ownership of the house had to do with wantin' the money/jewelry." Billy Joe put a new toothpick in his mouth and then jumped up. "I got it! We can take the girls to a ball game! The Braves are lookin' good for the wildcard."

Cash took a well-worn schedule from his billfold. "Saturday night they play LA at home. It's a 7:10 game. Atlanta's only about four and a half hours away. We could get up early Saturday morning, get there mid-afternoon, see the sights, go to the game, get a room, and drive back Sunday." He glanced at Paige. "The girls could stay in one room and us in another. We'd advertise around town that we're all going to the game. It'll be understood the house will be empty."

"How do you know the right people will get the news?" Paige's eyebrows rose. "What about Morgan?"

"Easy. News travels through this town like a fire travels through gas." Mary Pat smiled. "I bet we could find somebody to babysit Morgan. I have some ideas."

"We'll need video cameras set up around the place and alarms to go off at the police department." Cash grabbed a piece of paper and started making a list.

"How do we know the police will be interested?" Paige tilted her head.

"That's where Bart comes in." Cash pointed the pencil at Paige.

"Refresh my memory. Who's Bart?"

"The private eye dating Karen." Mary Pat winked at Paige.

"Oh yes, the one you called for the handprint on the Jag. I'm following now." Paige's eyesbrows scrunched together. "What makes you think they'd believe we'd all go to a baseball game?"

"Any self-respectin' Braves fan would." Billy Joe stared at his toothpick. "When's this supposta start workin'? I could use a smoke right about now."

Cash poked his buddy's arm. "Bart has friends at the police department and he could fill them in. When the alarm goes off, Bart will make sure they respond in a timely manner and catch the thieves in the act." He paused. "We just have to make sure we get the tickets and a hotel. This is short notice and it'll be a packed game."

Paige smiled. "Let me handle that. You just take care of the cameras." She watched Cash as he walked away scanning the room and writing notes.



Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of a private-eye. I somehow thought this would be appropriate. Not too sure. Thank you for your well wishes. I am doing a littler better, but I still miss my Big Boy. Things are starting to heat up as answers are found. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you WILL be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.