Romance Fiction posted August 25, 2013 Chapters:  ...57 58 -59- 60... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Discussing facts.

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

Chapter 13, part 1

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs. North as these two attempt to find love.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Billy Joe set up the easel by the dining room table and used a black marker to write, 'things we know.'

"We know Dwayne Walker taped a threatening note to my door." Paige pointed at the front door.

"We know a note was taped to it, but we don't know it was Walker." Cash's fingers tapped the antique walnut table. "We do know he was rude to Nala."

"All in agreement?" Billy Joe scanned the friends. After they nodded, he continued, "What else?"

"We know James Davis Junior left his handprint on Paige's Jaguar after the house was broke into." Mary Pat watched her husband write it down.

"We know Daniel and Bonnie Walker feel they should've inherited the house." Paige hesitated. "Bonnie and James are distant cousins. I bet Daniel knows them. Probably Daniel and James are the two who broke in and tied up Mary Pat and me. They want the treasure."

Billy Joe continued to write. "We'll use some of it, but we don't know all of it."

"I'd bet they know each other. They're about the same age. Savannah's not that large." Mary Pat motioned for him to write more.

Cash nodded. "She's right. I think we might've just hit on something."

"What else do we know?" Billy Joe tapped the paper with the marker.

"We keep finding jewelry and Civil War artifacts," said Mary Pat.

"Bradley Bookman's ghost haunts the house."

Cash glared at Paige. "We don't know that."

Paige pointed at the back door. "I'm betting Bradley Bookman carried his hat through that door."

Cash rolled his eyes. "You're telling me a ghost came in and retrieved his hat?"

"Somebody tell me what's goin' on," said Billy Joe. "I was gettin' the easel when all this happened."

After the three told Billy Joe about the events surrounding the hat, he scratched his head. "So the wind blowed the ghost's hat off and you two brought it in." Billy nodded to the women. "And then he came in and took it back, walking through the door."

"That sums it up pretty good." Paige smiled.

"How do we know there are ghosts? If there are, how do we know they wear clothes?"

"We're never going to solve that issue. Let's move on." Cash took the black marker. "We want only facts."

Nala stood. "I think we could all use some tea. I'll be right back."

"Walker lost money playing the commodities and is broke." Paige frowned. "On our ghost walk, Blackbeard wore a hat when he showed up in the Pirate's House second floor window. His beard was on fire too." Her arms were folded across her chest.

"You two argue like an ol' married couple. Stay on track." Billy Joe watched Cash write.

"Here, Mr. Cash. Have a glass of nice cold tea." Nala held the tray out for him to choose one.

Cash put the glass up to his mouth to take a sip.

Morgan jumped up, barked, and snarled at Cash's feet.

Something jerked Cash's elbow, forcing tea to splash his face.



Recognized


Thank you Google images for the photo of an easel. A new group of six year olds start with me on Monday. I have no idea where the summer went. I had wanted to finish this novel during the summer, but life happens. Thank you for reading and reviewing. My chapters are divided into usually 4 parts for FS. If you haven't read my previous posts, you'll be confused with this post. This is NOT meant to stand alone. I appreciate you sticking with me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.