Horror and Thriller Fiction posted May 2, 2024 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Lilith is on the prowl.

A chapter in the book Lair Of The Seductress

Butt Naked

by Douglas Goff


Previous Chapters:

A truck driver had an unfortunate encounter with the mysterious Lilith. She killed three men the year before while Greg was dealing with the hag. Now she is back with a vengeance and Wolf Bend Chief Greg Harsen is called to the scene by FBI Agent David Harkins, a man who really dislikes him. What Greg finds awakens him to the realization that more bad things are coming for him and his little town. Further, Harkins managed to wrangle him into Task Force Ash, which was created to capture the killer.


A county wide call-out for a jail riot interrupted the hunt for Lilith. At the riot, Greg finds out that Jenny's violent ex-husband, Lenny Benslow, has escaped from the jail. They race to his cabin, but Greg's beloved wife had been taken. Through good investigation techniques, they may have found the bad guys' hideout. A shootout ensues, with Jesse getting shot while they rescue Jenny. When Greg went after Lenny to finish him, Sheriff Watson convinced him to take the felon back into custody. Batty Betty Benslow was taken into custody for assisting with Lenny's escape.


Greg thought he was in for a rest, but another Lilith victim, 'Satin Shorts' had been found revealing new clues. Then Greg and Jesse found Lilith's lair, getting closer to the killer. Then Greg had a meeting in the alley with Lilith where he barely escaped with his life. 

New Chapter:

Greg placed the long black blade on the floor under his desk as Officer Kelsey led a short skinny Asian man into his office. It would be too hard to explain to the man why he had the ancient weapon in his office. This is here because my magic bullets didn’t work, so I thought maybe I could use this witch’s blade against a flying spirit woman who is murdering men and taking their hearts. Yeah, that would go over real well. 

Greg extended his hand, “I’m Chief Harsen. Have a seat, Sir.”

“I’m Haruki Naguma. People call me Harry.” The man shook Greg’s hand and took a seat. He was mostly bald, wore glasses, and dressed nicely. Greg guessed he had to be pushing sixty. He was carrying a brown paper sack that he placed on the floor.

“Just tell me your story, Mr. Naguma. Please don’t leave out any details, no matter how minor. They may be important.”

“Of course. I own WB Cab. I only have one car and usually run it off and on with my employee, Tom Haverson. At night, I keep the car at home and take calls if they come in. It’s rare.”

“And you took a call last night?”

“Yes. A woman named Lisa Smith. She needed to be picked up at the hospital and was heading out to the junkyard. But the call was odd.”

Lisa Smith? That’s original. “How so? The time?”

“No. I sometimes get calls before midnight and this was at ten. It was odd because nearly all of my night time calls are elderly people who want to get shuttled around. Once I arrived at the hospital I could see my fare was a very young and attractive redhead.” 

Sounds familiar. “So you drove her?”

“Yes. Started out very normal. Small talk. Then she asked if I was married.”

“What’s your wife’s name?” Greg had noted the wedding ring when the man walked in.

“Akani. We’ve been married for thirty-eight years. Three children together. She’s a good wife.”

“So your fare was asking about Mrs. Naguma?”

“Yes. Lots of uncomfortable questions. Like how long we’d been married and if I loved her. The drive from the hospital to the junkyard is only ten minutes, so when I pulled in all of the lights were off and nobody was there. This woman asks me if I’ve ever cheated on my wife.”

“What did you tell her?”

“I told her the truth. I would never disrespect my Akani that way. I turned to stare at the woman and I saw . . .” The man shifted nervously in his seat. 

“What did you see, Harry?”

“The woman had taken off all of her clothing. Even her panties and bra. She was completely naked in the back of my taxi.” He shook his head back and forth as if he still couldn’t believe it. “I mean, how did she have time?”

“What happened next?” She may be a woman but Lilith has some big balls.

“I mean, I’m an old man. She was young and beautiful. She could get any man.” He was still shaking his head. 

Maybe he’s got something there. Why isn’t Lilith targeting younger men? Men more her age. I need to review the victims to see if I can figure out how she’s choosing them. “So what did she do next, Harry?”

“She told me to get in the back seat and make love to her. She said nobody would know, not even my Akani. She said I should do one thing in my life to feel a little guilty about. I said no.” Harry stared at his hands. 

“Then?”

The older man continued to stare at his hands. 

“I need the whole story. Mr. Naguma.” Something happened. 

“I’m ashamed.” He would not look up.

What’s he hiding? “Whatever you say doesn’t leave this room. I need you to tell me. This woman’s still out there killing people.”

“Lisa Smith leaned forward over the seat and kissed me on the mouth. It was intoxicating and left me feeling confused. I found that my hands were . . . on . . . her breasts.”

Sweet Jesus. How did he get out of this? He should be dead. “Okay. Then?”

“While I held them, I saw my wedding ring and thought of my Akani. No matter how badly I now wanted Lisa Smith, my perfect wife’s face would not leave my mind. It’s like she saved me. So, I let go of her breasts and I told Lisa Smith to get out of my taxi.” Mr. Naguma shrugged. 

“And she did?”

“Yes. She walked butt naked into the junkyard.”

Greg pulled the picture of Lilith’s tattoo from his desk drawer. “Did she have this on her back?”

“Yes. I got a good look. I couldn’t miss it. It was right above her buttocks.”

“Okay. Then she was gone?”

“Well, I think she was angry with me.”

Interesting. “Why do you think that, Harry?”

“I’m going to tell you something you’re not going to believe, but you said you wanted all the details.” 

Now he’s back to not looking at me. “It’s important.”

“Before she disappeared, she turned and hissed at me in anger. And her face . . .it . . .well.” He stopped talking. 

“What about her face?”

“It changed, Chief, it changed.”

“Her face?” Stone.
Mr. Naguma stared him in the eyes. “Yes. For a split second, she looked like my Akani. Exactly like Akani.”

“Wait.” This is unexpected . . .and new. “She looked like your wife? 

“Exactly.” 

Oh, my. “Then?”

“Then her face became stone-like. Still beautiful, but rigid and hard looking. It’s difficult to explain.” 

“I understand.” Of course I do. I’ve seen it in the alley. An almost mythical goddess appearance. But still mesmerizingly beautiful. “Then she left?”

“Disappeared into the night. But she left something behind.” Mr. Naguma picked up the brown paper sack. “She left her clothes in my car.”

Holy shit!



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Douglas Goff All rights reserved.
Douglas Goff has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.