Supernatural Flash Fiction posted April 27, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Kevin disturbs the neighbors.

Kevin Is Nuts

by Raul1

Kevin, a tall wimpy man goes out to take a walk aournd his neighborhood. Ghosts appear in his sights near him. They look at him as if he did something guilty like robbing jewelry in a store. He did pay them attention and felt offended by them. They don't look friendly and are trouble.
 
"what do you want from me? I've done nothing wrong! I'm not the guilty party! Go bother someone else!" Kevin shouts. But they don't want to do that they just want to bug him.
 
"Yes, you are guilty! You picked on your girlfriend, which you did," Jack, an elderly ghost judges him.
 
Kevin is frustrated. The neighbors look at him as if he turns into a wacko. They feel that he is suffering from mental health. They don't watch any ghosts, and only he can see them. His girlfriend isn't angry with Kevin because the ghosts made it up to frame him. He did nothing wrong.
 
"You talk all crazy!" Haddie an old lady tells him.
 
"No I'm not! The ghosts are bugging me! Don't you see them?" 
 
"No I don't," she shouts back.
 
Todd a ghost boy, who is thirteen years old keeps bothering Kevin. He tries to shove him away but can't. The boy shoves him and gives Kevin a black eye. He falls backwards and blames it all on Todd.
 
"What you do that for?" Kevin asks.
 
"Because, you're a mean man!" Todd explains.
 
"How am I mean? I'm always nice to people and I have their tremendous respect!" Kevin acusses.
 
"No one said you are mean, Kevin!" Howard shouts at him.
 
"I'm not talking to you! The kid told me I am a mean man!" Kevin says.
 
"You have really lost it! You need to see a shrink!" Howard advises.
 
"You don't understand! All the ghosts are right there! Don't you see them?" Kevin asks.
 
"I don't see a kid, and I don't see ghosts. I'm sorry, pal, but you have lost it," Howard explains.
 
All the neighbors watch him get all loony tunes. Kevin feels the madness with depressing emotions and he can't control it. The ghosts are laughing at him.
 
"No you're not talking to me! You're not real! I'm just having a bad dream! That is all," Kevin says nervously.
 
"We are real. You do see us. We do exist!" the supermodel ghost, Hallie answers.
 
A lady Wessia calls 911 against Kevin for disturbing the community. Kevin witnesses her with much concern and is worried that he will go to prison. He tries to stop her but it's already too late and the police are on their way.
 
"He has gone completely mad!'" Bill says to his wife Karen.
 
"I know. I thought he was a sane man. I guess I was wrong," Karn tells him.
 
"Don't worry. I did handle it. The police are on their way. Kevin isn't himself anymore. He broke most of the neighbors' fences and ruined the front yard grass. The flowers are torn in several homes. He skidded several cars with his car keys and all because he witnessed ghosts," Wessia explains.
 
THe ghosts keep on bugging Kevin. But all the neighbors think he's nuts. Kevin doesn't know what to do for he is afraid. He never knew that he is going to be delusional. They don't see him normal anymore for they don't label him as a normal person ever again. It's like if he's another different person. The negative kind is more like it. The ghosts give him an earful of complaints. He goes all bonkers. The neighbors try to calm him down.
 
"You need to relax. There is no one there. They are all your imagination," Bill explains.
 
"It's good you told him that," Wessia tells Bill.
 
"I know. It was the right thing to do," Bill says.
 
"How can I calm down? Don't you see the ghosts? They are there! I'm not delusional!" Kevin says.
 
"Ghosts don't exist! It's all fiction. you are only imagining it. It's fiction," Bill explains to Kevin.
 
"Of course, you think I'm crazy and you think I need psychological help!" Kevin tells.
 
"Yes, you do!" Bill says.
 
The ghosts girls Sethi, and Cathy are the ones in front of him bugging him. They had drowned near a lake 15 years ago. They are having fun heckling Kevin. No one else knows they are there. The girls kept it up. The police arrive at Ally Gate community where Kevin is held by a group of friendly neighbors. He gets nervous and doesn't know how to get out of this situation. He surrenders to the cops, they arrest him, read his Miranda rights, and put him inside the back of the police car.
 
All the ghosts laugh and heckle him through the drive to prison. The neighbors aren't pleased by his behavior and they thank God it's over. They went inside their homes to relax and forget about this whole incident. The ghosts felt satisfied for Kevin goes to jail and there they will keep bothering him. No one can see them but Kevin. It is like he has a curse, a death wish, or just bad luck had come his way.
 
The cops go inside the police department and put Kevin in a cell where the ghosts appear to heckle him. He keeps pleading his case that he's not crazy and that he doesn't belong here at all.
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.