Spiritual Poetry posted April 26, 2024 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 25... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
NaPoWriMo Contest Entry #25

A chapter in the book Everyday Miracles

Faith

by DeboraDyess

 
 
I can't believe His love for me...
It sets me free,
gives victory,
and lets me *see.
 
This life I've lived is not in vain,
through sun and rain
and sometimes pain
my faith remains.
 
His love extends to you .. Explore!
Just don't ignore;
you will find more -
it's True Life's door.
 
 




* It helps me see - Believers see God's handiwork not just in nature, but in life's event. Non-believers can absolutely learn from experience - no doubt! But Followers of Christ see it through a different lense.

We're supposed to come to Christ as children, whose faith in what they believe is resolute, unshakable, and perfect. So, with that in mind, I used a child-like font (yup, long purpose).
If anyone's ever told you that life with Jesus is easy, they lied to you. Sorry, but sometimes a life of faith can be more difficult. It's simplistic (like a child), but we have an enemy who throws all kinds of darts and fears at us, trying to dissuade us from believing. If he can't take it from us (and he cannot steal true salvation) he will at least make us as ineffective as he can by shaking us.

I know some people say the Word (the Bible) is boring. It's so far from that! (Some sermons, yes, but the Word? Naw...)

My niece recently began reading the Bible for the first time in her 26 years. She called me and said, "I don't believe it! This is like the best adventure book I've ever read! There's murder and intrigue, there's mystery and drama and humor. Why didn't you tell me that before now?"
(I did, sweetheart!)
If you've never take a few minutes to read the Book, I urge you to lay your phone down for a few minutes. The things on TikTok, Instagram, and FB, while fun, won't really change your life. They won't get you in touch with your Creator. Take 5 minutes, 5 days a week, and read for a month. See what truths you uncover. I'd suggest starting in the book of John (New Testament) or Proverbs (Old Testament). One tells you about Jesus from 'before' and the other is a book of incredibly wise sayings (pro verbs).

And, in case you don't have 5 minutes a day, here's some verses that I drew on for this Minute poem:

1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

2 Peter 3:9 (NIV)
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV)
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is Eternal.
(A note in the author's notes here: I would follow Christ even without the hope of Heaven. To be reconciled with my Creator, to walk in His grace... That would be worth the commitment!)


Deuteronomy 31:6(NIV)

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Philippians 4:6�??�?�¢??7 (NIV)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DeboraDyess All rights reserved.
DeboraDyess has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.