General Poetry posted March 27, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Emotionally charged call for positive change worldwide.

Why aren't you Mad?

by RichardsonKimberlee

Why aren’t you mad when the world is walking around with their eyes attached to their back?
 
Why aren’t you mad when our children are not learning to be children?
 
Why aren’t you mad when social media has more of a hold on your mind than GOD?
 
Why aren’t you mad when our food is no longer food?
 
Why aren’t you mad when our so call leaders are not our leaders?
 
 Why aren’t you mad when our children are playing hide and go seek but no one is looking for them?
 
Why aren’t you mad when reality is distorted, and falsehoods are accepted as facts?
 
Why aren’t you mad when our men are no longer men and our woman are no longer women? Some of these things may upset you but the source of the trigger isn’t directed towards the right issue or person.
 
Why aren’t you mad when you get taxed threefold but you don’t get back all that got taken?
 
Why aren’t you mad that you can’t collect rain water ?
 
Why aren’t you furious that America was painted to you to be a fairy tail to live in, but turns out to be a nightmare within itself?
 
Why aren't you angered by the disconnect between the history you've inherited and the version that's widely propagated, stored and recycle through history?
 
Why aren’t you sadden that our homeless are homeless, but the foreign takes the homeless new foundation?
 
Why aren’t you mad that our planet is crying and dying for help, but humanity continues to trample upon it?
 
Why aren’t you moved to strive for change?
 



Emotions Poetry Contest contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Brigantia at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RichardsonKimberlee All rights reserved.
RichardsonKimberlee has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.