Romance Fiction posted February 21, 2024 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Noah purchases Sami.

A chapter in the book Willing Hearts

Willing Hearts Chapter 4

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Can Noah rescue Myra, close down the human trafficking ring, keep Sami safe, all while protecting his heart? Or did the love of his life appear in front of him?
Noah and Sami met 5 days ago.

ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Noah studied the door, turned, and faced Sami. "I know you well enough if I tell you don't show up at the community center tomorrow, that's exactly what you'll do. So, I'm saying, Big T will honor his threat. I'll do everything in my power to protect you, but if something comes up, I may not be available when you need me." He leaned over and hugged her. "Goodnight." He walked out the door.

"Noah, wait." When he faced her, she asked, "You're a product of the system, aren't you?"

His eyes met hers, and he swallowed. "We'll talk later." He left.

*****
Noah sat in his car and said into his wrist communicator. "I don't want to talk about it or hear any comments today or any day."

Three voices said, "Roger that, Boss."



TODAY'S POST:

Friday Jose tapped his wrist communicator. "Boss, is this thing broke? I'm not hearing anything from you or Sami. She hasn't even had a conversation with her monster dog. Any idea why?"

"How would I know? Maybe she slept in."

"It's almost one o'clock and nothing."

Sarah responded, "After yesterday, she's probably lying in bed working up the nerve to face another day. I doubt she slept much last night."

Noah released a deep breath. "Thank you for the insight into females." He hesitated. "Are you saying she's crying?"

"Possibly."

When I'm done here, maybe I should check on her. Noah continued with business, "Bob, any clue where and when today's hit's taking place. Is it still planned?"

"All indications are it's a go. Still no news about where or when. They're keeping it secret. Our men are on high alert ready to respond."

"Good. We're not losing any young girls. At least not on my watch."

*****
Around four o'clock Sami said, "Jasper, I'm going to the grocery store, but first I need to make a quick stop. I should be home in about two hours, depending on traffic." She hugged the dog. "See you then." As she closed the door, she rubbed Myra's bracelet and whispered, "Myra, I'm not giving up. I need time to regroup."

*****
Jose said, "Boss, did you hear. Sami's on the move. What do you want me to do?"

"It didn't sound like she's headed this direction." He paused. "My gut says something's wrong. Go ahead and follow. But stay back."

"On it, Boss."

"Bob, any news?"

"Not yet, but they're getting ready. It shouldn't be much longer." Moments later, Bob yelled, "Boss, they're moving! They're hitting the zoo!"

"Team, be smart, good luck, and stay safe."

*****
Twenty minutes later, Jose said, "Boss, you're not going to like this. Sami parked in front of the community center. She walked to the bushes in front of it."

"I don't have time for this. What's she wearing?"

"Normal stuff. Blue jeans and a T-shirt."

"Don't let her out of your sight. What is she doing?"

"She knelt where Big T knocked her down and is now searching the bushes." Jose paused. "She found something, picked it up, and slipped it into her pocket. I can't tell what it is. She's heading toward her car."

Bob reported, "Boss, the van with the girls left the zoo. We're following."

"Good. Stay with it." Noah studied his wrist communicator. "Jose, is she at her car?"

"Yes." A silence. "No! Gotta go!"

"Jose?"

Moments passed.

"Boss, I couldn't get there in time. Three men came up to Sami, one used some form of knockout drug, maybe chloroform. They had guns. They carried her to their car. I'm in pursuit."

"Don't lose them. Anybody free to help?"

Bob replied, "Sorry Boss, but no. They delivered the girls. We're arresting the kidnappers and they're fighting back. LeRoy should call anytime."

"I'm waiting for the call. Jose, don't lose them."

*****
A little later, Noah said into his wrist communicator. "LeRoy called. Bob, are the kidnapers in custody? Who's assisting me with the girls?"

"Boss, we're working on the arrest paperwork. Mack and Lynne are on standby to take the girls to the hospital and notify their parents. Hope nothing goes wrong with LeRoy."

*****
When Noah walked into LeRoy's office, LeRoy addressed him, "Trey Morgan, it's good to see you again. I think you'll be pleased with the merchandise."

Noah nodded. "I'll check before I pay. Which room?"

After LeRoy indicated the room, Noah motioned for the two agents accompanying him to wait.

Moments later, he returned. "The girls look healthy. Where'd you get them?"

"They're Girl Scouts on an outing at the zoo. They range in ages from ten through twelve. You should get top dollar for them." Noah paid. "What happened to the chaperones?" He watched the two agents as they entered the room.

LeRoy said, "Nobody has addressed that. They're probably okay."

As the agents left the building with the girls, Noah received a call. He listened before, he said, "I'm needed elsewhere. Let me know if you need anything else."

*****
Noah parked a few blocks away, walked toward the vacant warehouse where Jose waited outside. "Is she in there?" asked Noah.

"Yes. The best I can tell there's three men holding her. Boss, how do you want to play this?"

"Any back up?"

Jose nodded and checked the time. "One female and three male agents should arrive in less than five minutes."

"Good. I'm going in."

"Boss, I'm going too." Jose remained by Noah's side.

Inside Noah walked up to Sami but said to the men, "I'm Trey Morgan."

"Morgan, how'd you find us?"

"I have eyes and ears all over the city." As he said that, his backup entered with weapons visible. Noah nodded toward the kidnappers. "I'm positive this transaction will go off without any problem."

Noah studied Sami. "Is she high? How'd she get that bruise?"

"Rumor has it she met up with Big T. We used chloroform." One man glanced at his watch. "She's coming out of it. She should be fine in ten or fifteen minutes."

Noah studied her. "How much?"

"She's not for sale. Our boss, Chen wants her."

Facing the speaker, Noah said, "I don't know Chen. I'll pay 500 dollars cash."

Noah faced Sami, used both hands and did a complete body pat-down, leaving no area unchecked. He felt a phone in her jeans pocket, took it, and slipped it into his pocket. "She looks good."

Sami spit in his face as hate filled her eyes.

"She has spunk." Noah patted her rear end. "Firm, perfect." He grabbed the back of her head, forced her face toward him, and kissed her making sure the kidnappers noticed he forced his tongue into her mouth.

When he finished, he and Joe each pointed a Glock 19 at the men as Noah said, "Tell Chen Trey Morgan paid 500 dollars and took her off his hands. I'll enjoy breaking her." He dealt out the money before he grabbed Sami's arm. "You're coming with me."

Sami refused to move.

"Okay, we'll do it my way." Noah picked her up and tossed her over his shoulder. "It's been nice doing business with you."

Joe and the other agents continued aiming their weapons, as they backed out.

*****
Noah carried Sami until he reached his vehicle. Once he set her on the ground, she began vomiting. He commented, "A side effect of chloroform. You'll be fine in a few minutes."

When she stopped, Noah cut off her wrist ties. Sami faced the car.

Noah turned her back around. "You're not a prisoner. I'm taking you to the hospital and making sure you're unharmed."

She started walking away.

He grabbed her arm. "I'm not holding you as a prisoner, but you're not free either. You're under my protection."

Sami's hate filled eyes met his as she hissed, "Who's protecting me from you?"

Noah opened the backseat door. "Get in." He nodded for the backup agents to follow.

Inside the car, Jose studied Noah. "Boss, you sure about this?"

"I'm not sure about anything, but I couldn't let Chen have her."

*****
After they parked at the hospital, Jose and Noah led her inside, as Noah said, "This is the hospital we use to check victims. After you're cleared, we'll leave."

A nurse led Sami and Noah into an examination room. Jose followed.

As Noah started to say something, Bob called, "Boss, we need you. One of the parents' background checks came up hot, porn charges. He may be the link for the Girl Scouts."

"I'm on my way." Noah faced Sami. "We need to talk." In the hallway, he said, "Joe, stand guard. Don't let her leave."

*****
After Sami was medically cleared, and before Noah returned, Holly walked into the room and introduced herself. "I'll travel with you to a safe house. My partner, Matt, is waiting outside. Ready?"

Staring at her, Sami asked, "Do I have a choice?"

"Sorry, but no." She paused. "We're the good guys."

As they prepared to leave, Noah walked up. "Sami, something's come up. I'm needed. We will talk." He called Matt and Holly over. "There's a lot of chatter about what went down tonight. This guy, Chen's angry about losing Sami."

"We're taking her to Safe House C, right?" asked Matt.

Noah set his jaw. "No, I'm moving her to E. It's farther from the city."

"Boss?"

"You heard me." Noah started walking away but hesitated. "Make sure you're not followed. I don't care if you go to Philadelphia and back."

"Roger that."


CHARACTERS:

Sami Martinez - Twenty-five-year-old high school teacher, who's working to find a kidnapped teenage girl.

Noah Taylor. - Homeland Security team leader, who works in the Human Trafficking department. Alias - Trey Morgan

Jose, Bob, & Sarah - Agents who work under Noah.

Laura Martinez - Sami's mom.

Jasper - Sami's Great Dane, a large breed dog.

Myra Rodriguez - Kidnapped teenage girl who Sami was close to.

Julia - Teenage girl, who was friends with Myra and Sami works with.

Big T - Neighborhood pimp; not a friendly person

Numerous Team Members - They will show up periodically but really are important to the story, except they're there.



Recognized

#17
February
2024


Chapter 4 is posted in its entirety. It has a little over 1400 words. I'm attempting to post this novel every Wednesday until Seth and Emma's story is completed. I'm not sure I can keep that pace, but we'll see. If I can't then I'll post every other week.

Thank you google images for a photo of an Austin, Texas abandoned warehouse.

I appreciate all of your support and the review. THANK YOU!!!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.