Fantasy Fiction posted February 7, 2024 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sami tries again, to engage the working girls.

A chapter in the book Willing Hearts

Willing Hearts Chapter 3 A

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Can Noah rescue Myra, close down the human trafficking ring, keep Sami safe, all without falling in love?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Jose shouted into his wrist communicator, "Boss, Big T just showed up. Sami's headed toward her car, but he noticed and liked what he saw. He's following her."

"Bob, are you close?"

"Affirmative, Boss."

"Do whatever's necessary, but don't let him have access to her."

Both men answered, "Roger that."

Moments later, Jose reported, "Sami drove away."

Noah released a deep breath. "That was too close."

TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 4 A

Thursday mid-morning Sami answered a knock on the door and hugged her sister. "Molly, come in. It's great to see you. What brings you here?"

******
Listening through the bug they'd put on Sami's Fitbit, Jose asked, "Who's Molly?"

Noah responded, "One of Sami's four sisters."

*****
"Mom and Dad are concerned. They, well, we all feel you need to let the police handle the situation with Myra." Molly stared at Sami's clothes.

"So, Mom sent you to talk to me?" After Molly nodded, Sami continued, "The problem with that logic is the police aren't doing anything. They believe the girls are runaways. I'm the only one trying to find out who kidnapped them."

"Mom said you were dressing provocative, like a hoochie-mamma." Molly's eyes widened. "You're not wearing that in public, are you?"

"Yes. I need to convince the working girls I can be trusted. Yesterday, one said there'd be consequences if they talked. If they feel I'm one of them, maybe someone will talk. It's the only chance I have of getting information."

"You're going to attract the wrong type of attention. That street corner's dangerous, and you're inviting trouble."

"I know the skirt's a little short and the blouse is a little low cut, but..."

"But nothing," interrupted Molly. "I wear more to bed with my husband than you're wearing."

"I'm planning on staying close to the pros. If I'm beside them, they'll take any men who come around."

"Are you sure? What if they won't let you hang out with them?"

"I made a little progress yesterday. They warned me about this guy, Big T."

"Who's he?"

"I'm guessing their pimp."

"Are you listening to yourself?" Molly glared into Sami's eyes and raised her voice, "You're risking your life. Baby sister, you've had some hairbrained ideas in your life, but this is your worst one, yet."

"Somebody's got to help those girls. It's come down to me."

Molly threw her hands in the air. "I'm done. I can't talk any sense into you." She slammed the door as she left.

Sami petted Jasper. "I wonder who Mom'll send next." She checked the time. "I won't leave until later this afternoon."

*****
Jose asked, "Boss, you heard?"

"I heard. It's not good."

"Boss, what's your plan?" asked Sarah. "If her sister described her outfit accurately, she'll get hurt."

"We've got a few hours to think about it. Bob, keep an eye on the rest of the team in the field. This case is taking way too many man-hours."

Jose added, "True, but she's onto something. The only people who can identify the perps are the pros and they won't talk."

Noah sighed. "That's why we continue working this case. None of our sources knew anything about Monday's hit."

"You sure it's not because you have a thing for Sami?" asked Jose.

"I'm positive. She doesn't think things through. She's impulsive. She won't listen and puts herself in dangerous situations."

*****
Late afternoon, Sami parked close to her usual spot. Once outside her car, she headed straight for the row of prostitutes.

Jose spoke into his wrist communicator. "Boss, did you see what I just saw?"

"I did. What's she thinking?"

"You know what she's thinking. She thinks those women have information and she wants it."

"Or die trying. We know what's going to happen." Noah exhaled. "Jose, stay alert. Sarah, as much as possible monitor from the diner's window. I'll make sure I'm available. Bob, continue to cover the rest of the team."

"Roger that, Boss."

Sarah said, "Boss, I have an extra sweater, do you want to borrow it?"

"That sweater won't cover all the areas it needs to cover." There was silence before Noah said, "So far, the girls have accepted her."

"Boss, three johns heading that direction," interrupted Jose.

"Let's hope they're taken care of, and not by Sami."

One of the johns took Sami's arm, and Noah said, "I'm going in."

Jose warned, "You have a plan?"

"No."

"What could possibly go wrong?" asked Jose as he chuckled.

*****
Noah walked up to the working girls and took Sami's arm, moving his head toward the right. "Come with me."

"I didn't mean for you to help again," whispered Sami.

"I'm sure you didn't." He hesitated. "We're going into that building. I have a room on the second floor."

Sami stopped. "I'm not..."

"I don't expect you to," interrupted Noah. "I'm trying to protect you. You need to play along."

*****
Noah unlocked the room's door and pointed. "Since you're trying to make them believe you're one of them, we're going to the window and putting on a show. We'll be watched so put on a good act."

"This isn't a good idea."

"Follow my instructions." His eyes met hers. "I promise nothing's going to happen. You trust me, don't you?"

She swallowed and whispered, "Yes."

"That didn't sound like a vote of confidence."

In front of the window, Noah took Sami in his arms and began kissing her. "Start unbuttoning my shirt. As you do, kiss my neck and chest. My hands are going to caress your back and butt."

"But..."

"Just do it." After this continued, Noah added, "Slide my shirt off and touch my belt buckle."

"No."

"I'm moving you from the window. The show's over. Their imagination will take over."

"Okay," whispered Sami.

Sami used both hands to touch his belt buckle, and then Noah carried her from the window. Setting her down, he said, "You're done. Good job. It wasn't that bad, was it?"

"I haven't decided." Noah chuckled, as Sami stared at his bare chest.

He pointed. "My shirt's over there."

Sami headed toward the shirt. "I'll get it."

He touched her arm. "Don't! They'll see you. We're supposed to be having sex."

"Oh." Sami studied the shirt on the floor. "I'll crawl below the window." She got on her hands and knees and headed toward it.

Frustrated, Noah said, "Sami, that skirt isn't made for bending over."

She reached her left hand behind and felt panties. "No!"

"I'll turn around. Continue your mission."

When Sami retrieved the shirt, Noah put it on. As he buttoned it, he asked, "Better?"

Nodding she answered, "Yes, thank you." After a pause, she asked, "What do we do now?"

"What I want to do is cuss you out for showing up on this street corner looking like that. Didn't you figure out from yesterday how dangerous it was? Look at you! You need at least six inches on your skirt. Half your breasts are hanging out."

"I thought the working girls would take any prospective men, and they'd trust me enough to answer my questions."

"How did that work for you?"

"It had a few flaws."

Noah yelled, "You think?" When Sami cringed, he continued, "Sorry. I'm more than a little angry with you."

"I figured that out." She gulped. "Thank you for coming to my aid, again.

"You're welcome. I'm sorry I had to get friendlier than I would've liked." His eyes met hers. "I don't want to make a habit of rescuing you."

"I hope I won't need your help again."

"What are your plans for tomorrow? I need to prepare my schedule to fit you in."

"You don't need to be sarcastic."

"Just being real."

Sami scanned the area. "How much longer do these things normally last?"

"Maybe another fifteen minutes. You have time to come up with a better plan for tomorrow." He glanced at the red flashing dot on his wrist communicator. "Sorry, I need to take this."

*****
Jose said, "Boss, back off. She feels bad enough. You don't need to rub it in."

Sarah joined in, "I agree with Jose. She got the message."

After a sigh, Noah said, "We won't know until we see what she has planned for tomorrow. I doubt she can wear less clothes and not be arrested."

"Me neither. Any ideas?" asked Jose.

"No. I'd better get back or she'll disappear."

"Aren't you standing by the door?"

"Yes, but she might try a window."

"You're on the second floor."

*****
When Noah returned to the room, he said, "Sorry. It was a work call."

"Not a problem." Sami scanned the area. "Is this where you bring women?"

Noah's right eyebrow shot up. "To be honest, you're the first woman I've brought here." He paused. "I keep this for emergency business meetings. I felt this was an emergency."

"I guess that's a compliment."

"It was."

"What happens next?"

"We'll leave together. I'll make sure the girls watch me give you money. Then we'll go our separate ways. I hope you'll go home and put on some clothes."

"I don't want any money."

"We have to make it look real."

"I guess. I'll give it back the next time I see you."

"Whatever." He stood. "Ready to leave?"

"Yes. I've taken enough of your time."

When they reached street level, they walked toward the corner. Noah grabbed her, his hands traveled down her back and slipped inside the waistband of her skirt. His kiss lingered. After the kiss, he exaggerated shoving money deep into her blouse. He patted her butt and left.

Sami stood there stunned for a few moments. Once she got herself together, she faced the pros. Should I risk going to them or home?

Before she made up her mind, Big T came to her. "Give me the money!"

"What money?"

"The money that john gave you."

"He gave it to me, not you. I earned it."

"I own this corner. Everything earned here belongs to me."

"I don't work for you."

"If you pick up johns on this corner, you work for me. Give it here!"

Sami turned and walked away.

Big T slugged her hard enough that the force knocked her down. He reached in her blouse, making sure he felt more than just the money, took the money, and counted it. "You must be real good to get this much. I wish I had time, but I need to be somewhere. Be here tomorrow. I'll try you myself."

Sami struggled getting up.

*****
Noah yelled into his wrist communicator. "Sarah, help Sami. Take her to her car. Jose, stay back. We can't risk playing our hand with Big T. I'm following her home."

Jose said, "Boss?"

"You heard me."

*****
Sami hobbled up the two flights of stairs to her apartment. After a few minutes inside, a knock sounded. She petted Jasper. "Who could that be?"

At the door she asked, "Who is it?"

"Sami, it's me, Noah. I need to know you're all right. Let me in."



CHARACTERS:

Sami Martinez - Twenty-five-year-old high school teacher, who's working to find a kidnapped teenage girl.

Noah Taylor. - Homeland Security team leader, who works in the Human Trafficking department.

Jose, Bob, & Sarah - Agents who work under Noah.

Laura Martinez - Sami's mom.

Jasper - Sami's Great Dane, a large breed dog.

Myra Rodriguez - Kidnapped teenage girl who Sami was close to.

Julia - Teenage girl, who was friends with Myra and Sami works with.

Big T - Neighborhood pimp; not a friendly person



Recognized

#16
February
2024


I post this under Fantasy. Maybe will enjoy it better. I still believe it's Romance.

I'm continuing with my First Chapter Contest Entry. This is the first part of chapter 3. The entire chapter is over 3000 words, so I broke it up into two parts. Chapter 3 A is a little under 1800 words. I'm going to attempt to post this novel every Wednesday until Seth and Emma's story is completed. I'm not sure I can keep that pace, but we'll see. If I can't then I'll post every other week.

Thank you google images for a photo of a young lady is a short skirt and low-cut blouse. I'm sure Sami's skirt is shorter. LOL

I appreciate all of your support and the review. THANK YOU!!!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.