FanStory.com - Houseplant from Hellby Elizabeth Emerald
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Crabgrass cousin outwears its tepid welcome
Houseplant from Hell by Elizabeth Emerald
Artwork by Cindy Sue Truman at FanArtReview.com

On the windowsill above my kitchen sink lurks a plastic pot of CRABGRASS.

Why the CAPS? The blade-length of the beast is ten-fold that of the garden-variety nuisance. 

The monstrosity was foisted upon me last week by my daughter's boyfriend, Mick. (From Mick's perspective, the "spider plant," a cutting from his own prized specimen, was proudly bestowed upon his hostess.)

Given that Mick is a frequent houseguest, I am obliged to retain, and sustain, the creature.

I just went a'Googling and am horrified to learn that the thing spawns offshoots, which spawns offshoots ... of its spidery self).

Worse, it is among the hardiest of houseplants, guaranteed to survive the malignant ministrations of my ten black thumbs.

Worst of all, it is likely the only plant on the planet which my inveterate herbivorous cat declines to decimate.








 

Recognized

Author Notes
Fractal Web by Cindy Sue Truman on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!

     

© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement