General Non-Fiction posted June 22, 2019 Chapters:  ...10 12 -13- 14... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
They can be much scarier than reality!

A chapter in the book A Fly on the Wall

On Decoding Dreams

by Rachelle Allen

June 9, 2015

Supposedly, there's all kinds of symbols and deep-rooted meanings behind our dreams. Today that thought walks the fine line for me between being "rather disturbing" and "just plain hilarious."

Here's the dream:

I was carrying my pet fish --a huge, silvery, bug-eyed, big-lipped creature (and p.s. I have no pet fish. My pet cat, Flurry Allen, would disapprove of any such commodity), holding it like a baby, face-to-face, my arms wrapped around it.

It began to give off a fish odor, which, in wakefulness, I realize, is not so unusual, since it is, after all, a fish. But in my dream, it was cause for alarm. My Little Voice was telling me something was not right with my fish-baby.

So I fed it a big mouthful of my tuna fish sandwich, and then it went all limp and pale and died. I put it down on a metal table and walked away.

According to Lauri, an online "dream analyzer,":

Baby = a real-life responsibility. Are you handling something for someone else? Are the people around you childish? Do you need to pay attention to your inner child?

Feeding = this is about your ability to nurture a particular project, idea, or relationship.

Bite, biting = Has someone around you said something hurtful or critical that wounded your feelings? Are you the one saying hurtful things? Biting also suggests that something that is a bad situation.

Gigantic/large = something blown out of proportion. Overwhelming.

Table = hunger for emotional nourishment. Fellowship, family time. Honesty, as in "laying your cards on the table."

Dying fish = something in your life you're struggling to keep alive. Can also symbolize a responsibility you have.



I think it means I'm glad yesterday was the Recital, and I'm finally on vacation. It's right.



Recognized

#253
2019
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rachelle Allen All rights reserved.
Rachelle Allen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.