Children Non-Fiction posted March 24, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Commentary on parenting.

Children Learn What They See

by patcelaw





















Raising children is a daunting task. But there are things that parents can do that will make the task much more rewarding.
If we will first be gentle with our children, we will find they will likely be gentle in their dealings with others. If we are kind, they may be kind as well. As we are parents and speak softly to our children, they will learn to speak softly. Touching our children with tender hands, we are letting them know they are loved, will be beneficial to them.

Teach them from little children how to clean the area in which they live. This is a hard one and it must be re-enforced each day. Instruct them how to respect the belongings of others, by you yourself respecting the things of those you come in contact with on a daily basis.

They are watching. Children are great mimics and they will reflect what they are seeing and hearing in their home life.

Help them to see that the things they do in their lives will be better and others will be drawn to them, because others need the example they show in the way they live each day.

 
They Learn By Example

They will be gentle and kind
They'll speak softly
and touch other lives
in the manner their lives
are touched by their parents.
To be a parent is a gift
that's been given by God
so may we strive to do it
in a way that pleases God.
You're their first example
they are closely watching

-Patricia Lawrence
3-24-19



Recognized


This is a reflection of an eighty year old great grandmother of seven, and soon to be eight grandchildren.
The photo is of my daughters when they were young.

Colossians 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.