General Poetry posted February 15, 2019 Chapters:  ...462 463 -464- 465... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Crown Cinquain

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Kings and Queens

by Treischel

Royal
are kings and queens
who graced so many thrones
throughout the Middle Ages scene's
castles.

Castles,
power places,
palaces display wealth,
provide protected living spaces
to all.

To all
loyal subjects,
they give law and order
and tax within the border of
the King.

The King,
purple bedecked,
holds his people's respect,
if both wise and just, while wearing
the crown.

The crown
upon the Queen,
wearing emerald gown,
she is looking so serene and
royal.





Just a few thoughts about kings and queens. The king and queen of hearts are from a deck of standard Bicycle playing cards.

This poem is a Crown Cinquain.
Unlike other crown poems with 7 poems combined, this one has only five interlinked Cinquain poems. That's because this one is meant literally to become a crown. Also, Cinquains are a structure where 5 plays an important part. Just look at it sideways. You see, when left justified, the Cinquain's 2,4,6,8,2 structure forms a nice point. When a few Cinquains are joined in sequence, they form several jagged points, like a crown does. A Crown Cinquain interlinks each separate poem by having the last two syllables of each poem become the first two of the next. When you put them together, they make several points. The first two syllables of the first poem also become the last two syllables of the last poem. Thereby, making a circular link. If you cut them out of a sheet of paper and linked first and last with tape, it would literally make a crown.
This poem is the one in my series of Cinquains in which I have written a Cinquain, Reverse Cinquain, Mirror Cinquain, Didactic Cinquain, Butterfly Cinquain, Garland Cinquain, Lantern, and now the Crown Cinquain. There are 5 other types of poems that are 5 line poems, but do not follow the Cinquain structure. They are: Quintains, Tankas, 5-7-5-7-7 Poems, Tetractys, and Teapot Dictionary (when the word has 5 syllables).

This photograph was taken by the author himself on February 15, 2019.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.