General Non-Fiction posted October 5, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I Remember contest entry

My Childhood Award

by dovemarie


I remember playing the piano for three years in my childhood - age 8-11. I learned from listening to and watching my older sister. I played a duet with her in the recital, called "Country Gardens," when I was 9 years old. At the age of 10, I played in another recital at the teacher's house. It was a simple version of "Exodus." Finally, at age 11, I practiced and practiced for the recital that turned out to be my last one. I played "Aragonaise." When the teacher first handed me this piece, I saw all the notes that were several lines above the staff, and exclaimed, "I can't play this!" She said, "Of course you can." She had great confidence in me. I justified that confidence by memorizing and playing without an error in her house, making only a slight error on one of the high notes in the actual recital. I also practiced and memorized the Major scales, and won a statuette of Bach on my very first try for the award at the teacher's house. I still feel the call of the piano today, and sometimes I play Christmas carols. I think I'll try studying classical music again. It brings so much wonder, passion, and feelings to life, just as in my poetry.



I Remember writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Begin your non-fiction autobiographical story or poem with the words 'I remember...' Complete the sentence conveying a moment, an object, a feeling, etc. This does not have to be a profound memory, but should allow readers insight into your feelings, observations and/or thoughts. Use at least 100, but not more than 1,000 words. The count should be stated in your author notes.


Thanks to MKFlood for artwork
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.