Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted September 20, 2016 Chapters:  ...141 142 -143- 144... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Heroic Rispetto

A chapter in the book Commentary and Philosophy

Car Ballet

by Treischel



I drive in hectic traffic every day,
amazed at the complexities of dance
employed by drivers seeking to advance
to places they desire along the way.

At ramps and intersections they traverse,
In high-speed interactions, most complex.
With lane change, turns, crisscrosses, and the merge,
amazing that there aren't more mobile wrecks.






As I was driving an American freeway the other day. I was in the far right lane, with two lanes to my left, and an entrance lane to my right. The traffic was heavy and going about 60 MPH. Cars were switching lanes and merging beautifully without interruptions. It was a dance that inspired this poem.

This poem is a Heroic Rispetto.
A Rispetto, an Italian form of poetry, is a complete poem of two rhyme quatrains with strict meter. The meter is usually iambic tetrameter with a rhyme scheme of abab ccdd. A Heroic Rispetto is written in Iambic pentameter, usually featuring the same rhyme scheme.
However I did deviate to an equally acceptable rhyme scheme of: abba cdcd.

This picture is from Yahoo images. I'll replace it with one of mine later.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.