Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted October 27, 2015 Chapters:  ...132 133 -134- 135... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Senryu

A chapter in the book Commentary and Philosophy

senryu (the marks we leave)

by Treischel


sanctioned graffiti
with transient colored chalk
short the marks we leave





Our lives are just a blink in time.

I missed the Philosophical Senryu Contest, but here it is any way.

On my recent river cruise, when we pulled into the Lock and Dam. The crew passed out colored chalk so that we could write something on the wall if we wanted. Of course, it was in the lowered position and will wash away once the water level is raised. The thought inspired this Senryu about the human condition.

This poem is a Senryu.
The Senryu is a form that calls for some sort of satirical "aha" moment, and is written about humans. A 5-7-5 format is not an absolute necessity, but the poem must be 17 syllables or less and should follow a short/long/short form. It is primarily concerned with human nature. It is often humorous or satiric. A non-traditional Senryu can have less than 5/7/5 syllables. A common variation is 3/5/3.

This photograph was taken by the author on October 13, 2015.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.