Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted July 29, 2015 Chapters:  ...129 130 -131- 132... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Tableau Poem

A chapter in the book Commentary and Philosophy

Abortion Tableau

by Treischel




The surgical tongs
Invade woman's womb
Grasps to rend a child
Ripped and torn apart.
Sterile equipment
Masks the silent screams.



 



Tableau Poetry contest entry


Poem for the Contest
Minimal punctuation.
I believe that abortioin is sanctioned murder, but I hope that does not disuade reviewers from an honest appraisal, due to my opinion.

This is a Tableau Poem. Here are the contest rules.
The Tableau consists of one or more verses, each having six lines. Each line should have five syllables. There is no set rhyme scheme, although rhyme may be present. The title should contain the word "tableau". Since the dictionary states that the word "tableau" means striking or dramatic picture or representation, the ideal poem should reflect this. A picture should come to mind as the poem is read. No artwork, as your words will paint the picture. This form was created by Emily Romano in 2008.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.