War and History Poetry posted November 29, 2012 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ode to he who said And That's the Way it Is

A chapter in the book Commentary and Philosophy

The Death of Walter Cronkite

by Treischel

THE WORLD IS SAD TONIGHT!
For the loss of Walter Cronkite.


The News was always right,
When he had it in his sight.
He could make the darkness bright,
And decipher black from white,
Whether News, or War, or Fight
He'd say "That's How it Was", allright.

GOODBYE AND GOODNIGHT!

To our Friend Walter Cronkite.



Ode Poetry writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write an Ode poem. It is a poem praising a person, place or thing.


A monorhyme.
Written from the perspective of the day he died.

This photograph is a work for hire created between 1952 and 1986 by one of the following staff photographers at U.S. News & World Report: Warren K. Leffler (WKL), Thomas J. O'Halloran (TOH), Marion S. Trikosko (MST), John Bledsoe (JTB), or Chick Harrity (CWH). It is part of a collection donated to the Library of Congress.

Per the deed of gift, U.S. News & World Report dedicated to the public all rights it held for the photographs in this collection upon its donation to the Library. Thus, there are no known restrictions on the usage of this photograph as part of Public Domain.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.