Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 9, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My earliest memory

Tricycle Thief

by patricia dillon

In my earliest memory, I was a tricycle thief!
 
The little boy next door had a tricycle - and I did not. That was the source of my envy. I would watch forlornly through the window as he tricycled up and down the street.
 
One day I saw my opportunity. He had gone indoors and left his tricycle on the pavement.
 
I slipped out the front door, which must have been open, seized the tricycle, and hoisted it up the steps to our flat. Soon I was in my element, tricycling around the living room.
 
My parents were horrified. I remember mutterings about the police. Despite my protests, they appropriated the tricycle and returned it to it's rightful owners.



First Memory writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
What is your earliest memory? Get descriptive in telling us about that memory in as much detail as you can remember. Try not to put your adult sensibilities into it. Keep it to the point of view of the child you were.

No word count limit
Any style
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patricia dillon All rights reserved.
patricia dillon has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.