Romance Poetry posted June 16, 2024 Chapters:  ...37 38 -39- 40... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Choka Poem

A chapter in the book 2024 Favorites

Looking at the Moon

by Gypsy Blue Rose


If You Would Like To Join the Japanese Poetry Club, please check my author notes
 
 
 
 
looking at the moon

under a veil of longing

covering desire

and red sweltering passion



I want to kiss you

all over your sun-kissed skin

tastes like salty sea
 


I'll wait till the end of time
 
where the shore meets the ocean
 
 
 
 
 




CHOKA-It's a Japanese court poetic form of the 6th to 14th century consisting of nine-lines in a 5/7/5/7/5/7/5/7/7 syllables pattern and may be repeated.

Start your choka with a couplet that introduces your theme or sets the tone for your poem. This can be a concise statement or an image that captures the essence of your topic.
Next, you develop your poem by expanding on the initial couplet. Each subsequent couplet should build upon the previous one, forming a thematic progression. You can explore different aspects, emotions, or perspectives related to your chosen theme.
for examples and more information click here


for examples and more information click here

Thank you for reading and reviewing my poem. If you want to join the Japanese Poetry Club, click here to join club

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review my poem.

Gypsy "The poet waits quietly to paint the unsaid." Atticus

I use two programs for my presentations. I have copyright for all my graphic art and poems. Pictures from my Pinterest account.

Club entry for the "CHOKA POEM" event in "JAPANESE POETRY CLUB".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.