General Fiction posted March 27, 2023 Chapters:  ...64 65 -66- 67 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
an essay

A chapter in the book Random Rhyme and Petty Prose

Enthusiasm JJ DID TIE BUCKLE

by Bill Schott

 
Leadership Traits:
Justice, Judgement, Dependability, Initiative, Decisiveness, Tact, Integrity, Endurance, Bearing, Unselfishness, Courage, Knowledge  Loyalty (previously addressed), and Enthusiasm.

Enthusiasm is showing up at the end of this leadership essay series, but we all know it is really first.  Without enthusiasm, that need to succeed, that sense of urgency we must create within ourselves and develop within others, our ability to succeed takes on one more obstacle -- us. 

If you were to give one person a task to accomplish by simply ordering him/her to do it, you will likely get an outcome that equals the minimum effort and lowest expectation. If that same person had the same objective, but this time knowing why it's important, and how it will make things better, you have given him/her motivation. 

Enthusiasm is a necessary element that works both ways. You need to keep a fire under those who follow your lead, and they need to feed you that same energy when, as a leader, your batteries get low.  

A good coach will keep his/her team motivated by creating comradery that develops a personal need within each member to contribute to the group's success. Goals and rewards along the way help maintain the desire to press on with vigor. 

Explaining why success is important, gives everyone incentives to keep enthusiasm high.  An athlete looks for recognition, personal best performance, and a bigger goal made achievable by victories along the way.  

In any job, a leader can incentivise constituents of the group by showing how their individual and /or group performance will lead to greater things.  Promotions, money, benefits, and broadened potentials are all reasons for enthusiastic productivity.


 



Recognized


Images from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.